Grape Protein Drink - Yummy - Not Milky

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/12/11 4:01 am
I am on my pre-op diet and have been struggling to find a protein drink that I like. I don't do vanilla and hate anything "milky" so the shakes were killing me.

I went to GNC last night on a "whim" and found the Isopure drink (in a glass bottle). They are the consistency of propel and you can see thru it. No gritty protein flavor at all and very similar to the taste of propel. I water it down and put crushed ice in it also.

One bottle has 40 grams of protein and 0 carbs...wowza! I am so happy to find something I can tolerate and before I have surgery to boot. I am taking it to the hospital with me for sure!!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 4:18 am
Same here re: hating the milky (I also can't stand really sweet stuff..)
You may want to try Cytomax bottled clear RTD protein, I like watermelon best.. and Syntrax Nectars have some flavors that are not milky.. Iced Tea and Lemonade are some favs.. I have to dilute the Cyto and the rest as the flavor**** me as too strong, but they are good. I also am in love with a caffeinated RTD protein called Whey Up.. they are on a production hiatus, but will soon be introducing a "new and improved" formula with more flavors.. I was fond of grape, over a ton of ice.
3DogNight _
on 10/12/11 4:43 am - Clarkston, GA
@Jo777, where do you buy the products you mentioned?
3DogNight

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 5:02 am
I get all the stuff online, Whey Up (when back in stock) is sold through Amazon. The Cyto and Nectars are on Netrition.com, and another website that has Nectar is Mybariatricpantry.com. I have not tried ordering from that last website yet (good prices), but have from Netrition, and can highly recommend them. I get a free shaker cup every time I order on Netrition (spend $$, get a freebie) and love this as I can never have too many.. 
3DogNight _
on 10/12/11 6:04 am - Clarkston, GA
Thank you.  I'll take a look!
3DogNight

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views