Today is my One Year!!! Sooo Happy!!

wannabehealthy1
on 10/15/11 12:19 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
Hello Friends! Today, Oct 15th, is my one year anniversary of getting my sleeve. I could not be happier, even though my weight loss has been on the slow side. For those interested, here is the pattern of my wt loss:
month 1- lost 17 lbs       month 2- lost 6 lbs   month 3- lost 2 lbs
month 4- lost 4 lbs    month 5- lost 2 lbs    month 6- lost 3 lbs
month 7- lost 2 lbs   month 8- lost 4 lbs   month 9- lost 6 lbs
month 10- lost 3 lbs   month 11- lost 2 lbs  month 12- lost 3 lbs

As you can see, my average wt loss per month seems to be between 2 and 4 lbs. Interesting, huh? I have been frustrated at times, but in the end we all get there, it just takes some of us longer. I am about 23lbs from goal, but I'm not sure if that is a realistic goal for me, since I do have a lot of skin. I will probably be pretty good in another 10-15lbs, although all my family and friends say I'm so "small" now. I love that comment!

How I eat now is very different than I used to. I carefully scrutinize most foods-I don't like to eat any processed foods and I look for foods high in protein. The order in which I eat food is different too- I eat protein first, then veggie, then if there's any room left, I will eat whole wheat bread, pasta or brown rice. For dessert or snacks I eat fruit. Some typical snacks I eat are hard boiled eggs ****ep them peeled in my fridge in a container ready for me to grab), string cheese, fruit, almonds or any nuts. For a treat, I do like the "skinny cow" desserts or some laughing cow cheese- 2 wedges- and 8 reduced fat wheat thins (1/2 serving).
For exercise, I take a couple of classes at the community college- it helps me be accountable for going, because they take roll- LOL- but ya, it really works for motivation. I take a tap class and a beginning pilates. It doesn't feel like exercise or work when you have friends in the class.
Some milestones this year: I bought my first ever bike! I started roller skating again (hadn't done that since being a teen and I'm 41!!) I can now wear regular clothes, plus sized were my only choice for the last 20 years. I have more energy and can last longer at Disneyland without my feet hurting! My cholesterol is now normal and actually very good! My diabetes is gone.  I just feel better about myself overall.
I'm still on the journey- will be for life- but it's getting easier to make the right choices and I can't imagine going back to what life was like before the sleeve. I've had no problems or complications with the sleeve. I wish I could get back those 7 1/2 years that were wasted on the lap band, but that's impossible so I just look forward and am happy with where I am now!
I have to thank my friend Jeannie for helping me so much with my appeal letter. Without her, I would not have been able to get the surgery at all. She was my cheerleader and inspiration. Love ya doll :) And thanks to everyone here for sharing their stories, especially Tiffykins- she really overcame so much!
Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are new, I'm not on the board much, so PM me.
Hugs and Love,
Kathy

**Kathy**  Lap Band 2002~ 3 more surgeries r/t lap band complications
2009-Lap Band removal and unsuccessful revision to RNY

10/15/2010- SLEEVED FINALLY!! Hw=235, SW=222, CW=157, GW=145

christiemon
on 10/15/11 12:30 am - Buckeye, AZ
 Fabulous - happy surgeriversay! = )

DrHollywood
on 10/15/11 12:30 am, edited 10/15/11 12:31 am - Harbor City, CA
HAPPY 1ST YEAR BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Awesome 1st year surgiversary......
Congratulations!!!  My Doctor said I would get to goal slower than others
but that I would get there.  I eat more carbs, and veggies than most around here
to where their food plan consists of high protein and under 40 grams of carbs.
At 4 months i purposely stopped this weight of eating and went to the raw more natural
foods and I am in love.   Yep I am losing slower but I am feeling sooooOOooo  GOOD
and filled with energy.  It does mess with the head that is why I wouldnt recommend in the
losing phase to eat like I do until maintenance.

Again Happy 1st Surgiversay and 1st Sleeve Birthday!!!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

dittodotv
on 10/15/11 12:56 am

Kathy,
Thanks so much for sharing your journey, which is an inspiration to a newbie like me (still just waiting for insurance approval)...What an accomplishment for you - congratulations!
!!

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 1:38 am
Congratulations on your anniversary!  I remember when I first started this journey and looking at the people who were a few months ahead of me and thinking someday that would be me.  You are such an inspiration to me.  I doubt that I could have made it without folks like you being so encouraging.  Way to go Kathy!
Kelly L.
on 10/15/11 2:04 am
Congrats to you and what a wonderful accomplishment!
kimbethin
on 10/15/11 2:18 am - CA
My mom told me on my surgery day that it would be like a new birthday for me because it would be the start of my new life.  Happy Birthday!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active