Water slow to go down

amidwife4u
on 10/16/11 12:16 pm
Hi everyone.  I am 17 days post op and have noticed the last few days that my protein water seems to go down slow. (almost like a small amount is at the bottom of the esophagus for a few seconds) This is very interesting to me since juice, smoothies, mushy foods, and crystal ligh****er all seem to go down just fine.  Any ideas why I feel this?  Maybe it's just in my head....

Otherwise I feel great and am losing weight nicely!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Jennchap
on 10/16/11 12:32 pm - CA
I still get that kinda feeling from time to time. Im not sure what it is but it usually goes away after a few days.
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

faylavi
on 10/17/11 12:57 am - Laurel, MD
It has something to do with the density (or the lack of density) in water.  Its a very common complaint, post op.  i am almost 8 months out and just started being able to drink straigh****er. For now flavor-it-up!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Jp2lose
on 10/17/11 3:54 am - Omaha, NE
I'm 19 months out and still have a hard time with plain water. It just feels uncomfortable. Some people just don't tolerate it well after surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 4:02 am
Yep, plain water did that, and gave me a strange little gurgle too!
I had to add lemon, lime or some SF flavor to it for it to slide down. Now, it's mostly fine, only occasionally does it still feel hard.. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views