NSV classic

SweetiePea
on 10/16/11 6:19 am - IA
Well, I've been holding on to the clothes I originally had before hoping to where them someday. So, I've been wearing those clothes way too long. Been holding on the size 12's and people are begging me to buy smaller size.

Finally went shopping today and grab size 10...what? These are loose too?? Ok...maybe its the brand...grab another size 10....Hmmmm....NO WAY!! OMG....I can wear size 8!!!! I'm pretty sure there are alot of peeps on here knowing the feeling. I started crying....the lady next to me ask if I was okay. Of course...just hadn't worn size 8 since like....22yrs ago.

What is surreal that I'm not done losing. Hard to grasp that the doctor expects me to lose another 40lbs.. WOW!! Really? That tiny?? How do you process this through your fat head? Honestly?

Anyway...for now I'm feeling really good today. The sleeve ROCKS!! 
Height - 4'10"

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/11 6:32 am
You are obviously thrilled. I'm so glad for you!!!!  What a great place to be on your journey. My goal is to wear a pair of levis 32" waist 550's (okay, not fashionable by today's standard, but that's what I wore all through the late 80's and early 90's). AND I want them to fit loose in the waist! Congratulations on your NSV!

Krazydoglady
on 10/16/11 6:54 am - FL
Devon,

Did you have "Flock of Seagulls' hair, and if so will you rock that again, as well in tribute to your size 32 550's? Inquiring minds want to know  and see pictures.

I will admit I had some pretty  big hair circa 1987, but the amount of proccessing required for it would be difficult given the amount of color now required to keep me from chopping it off and  pulling a full-on "Jamie Lee Curtis" Activia  commercial rather than Halloween look.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Krazydoglady
on 10/16/11 6:49 am - FL
Congrats! Understand exactly how you feel.  I've got another 30 to go, and It has really hit me that 124 on my frame is like a size 2 or a 4, not an 6/ 8-10 which is what I am in now top-bottom. Having said that, someone who is 5'8 is going to look a lot smaller in an 8 than I do because proportionate to their height, they're smaller around than I am.  I guess that's why a 2 or a 4 makes sense for a shortie like me :)  You'll probably be in a size 0.

Keep rockin' that sleeve!

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

SweetiePea
on 10/16/11 7:07 am - IA
Yea Crazydoglady...I'm a very short 4'10" tall. I used to be in weight lifting in school so I had that stout frame. I'm blessed with tata's...but my thighs were my worst enemy because at that time in school I was very strong. Now..i'm paying the price but they are alot thinner!! wooohoo!

Height - 4'10"

1london
on 10/16/11 8:00 am
A size 8?!!!!!!  That is AWESOME!!!  I am feeling the good envy!!
I am so happy for you and you SOOOO deserve to feel happy!!
Yay you!!!!
And as for the flock of sea gull and 80's  comments, I was right with you, Madonna was my fave and my hair saw many big styles as well as colors!  The 80's mmmm.....those were the days......those were the days!!!

CCWannabe
on 10/16/11 9:29 am
Awesome!!  I am 4'9".  Size 8!?!    I hope to be in your situation one day also.

Lisa D.
on 10/16/11 1:19 pm - New Orleans, LA
I saw Flock of Seagulls open for The Police in 1982.  I feel your tears for getting in a size 8.  I wore an Ann Taylor size 2 (must be sized big) to my Mama's house today and we both got teary.  I have never been thin in my whole life, all 51 years, except for about 6 months.  I am loving my life.  Enjoy these accomplishments!!!   I am having a bit of trouble with realizing I am not still the big girl, but I realize that I have this problem so I figure that is the first step in fixing it.  Our heads will eventually catch up.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views