Is this Normal?

Tirza T.
on 10/20/11 9:41 am
VSG on 01/17/12
So I started this journey about 8 months ago and I still have no idea when my surgery will be. I am now at the point where I am waiting for insurance approval. Anyway, I have lost a little weight, but  I keep yo-yoing up and down 8 or so pounds. Can this yoy-yoing affect the insurance's decision to approve me? Also, I am very positive that this is the right decision for me and that VSG is the perfect tool for me to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle....yet... somehow out of the blue for the last 3 months I get like a palpitation and a feeling of dread about the surgery. There is no rhyme or reason for this, it doesn't happen when I am thinking about surgery or anything like that/ .It comes out of nowhere and is very random.  I even stopped posting on OH and I stopped signing on and reading blogs and posts because I thought maybe I was overwhelming myself with information. Yet this did not help me get rid of these odd feelings in my chest and my stomach and the sense of sudden fear for absolutely no reason. So instead of avoiding OH, I am returning to the OH family and asking: IS THIS NORMAL?????

Also, I am sick of having no profile pic, but every time I try to put one on it says it is too large. What suggesstions do you have for this (I am not very computer literate when it comes to this)???
Thanks All, I appreciate it.
MN_Mama
on 10/20/11 10:07 am
I'm 8 months out the other way, and am absolutely, positively certain that this was the right choice for me.   I have lost over 100 lbs (my last weigh in was at 6 months, so don't know where I'm at right now, more next week), can move like I haven't been able to for years, can breath normally walking up hill, can stand long enough to walk in a store, make a purchase and pay for it without crying or falling down in pain.

I am also certain that your fears are normal.  It is a big change with some definite risks involved.  You need to do your research, make your decisions on what's right for you and find people you trust to get you through it.   But once you are sure, and once you get through it, I believe you will find a whole world opened up for you that was'nt available before.    I regret but one thing...that I didn't do it earlier.

Take care and thanks for sharing.

Tirza T.
on 10/20/11 10:16 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thanks for your feedback, it really helps.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 12:43 pm, edited 10/22/11 4:29 am - CA
Don't worry too much about your anxiety.  It's something everyone goes through.  I have yet to find anyone post-op that regrets their decision.  Before finding OH, I spent a lot of time watching vlogs of VSG patients chronicling their journeys on Youtube.  Watching some of those may help calm your nerves.  

To update your profile pic:

I had the very same problem so I understand your dilemma..  Click on the HELP link at the very top of the page and go to the very last help topic

Photo Tutorials

Picture Resizing and Cropping Tutorial
How to add photos to your photo album

You may have to upload your pic to a third party website and have it resized for you.  I had to do this for my avatar but not for my photo album pics. 

Good luck!
Tirza T.
on 10/21/11 9:19 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thanks so much, this really helps... and maybe soon I will have a face!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 411 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views