Lapband To Sleeve

Lorenza925
on 10/23/11 8:59 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
I  have had the Lapband for a couple of years now and it has not worked for me, I never found that "sweet spot". it was either to tight or no restriction. and I am constently hungery all the time. I am currently in th options class at Kaiser and on my way to getting sleeved. Very excited!
        Is there anyone out there who has gone from a Band to a Sleeve?? Were you successful? What was you bigest challenge in the transition?? Any tips?

Lorenza
sparklinprincess81
on 10/23/11 9:13 am - MI
 A good friend of mine originally had the band for 5 years and it slipped and eventually was removed last October/November. She was looking to get another band but I talked her out of it and told her to look into the sleeve, which she got this past August. So...I know a far as her procedure everything went alright but I do know that they had to reinforce the sutres (sp) because of the scarring she had on her stomach from where the band slipped. 

Now she's doing well. She says her restriction is so much better. I think that she still eats like she did when she had the band. At times she gets ill because she may eat more than she can actually hold. 

Other than that everything is going well. 

I'd definitely suggest it to anyone. I will tell you every day I wake up and get on the scale and I absolutely love my sleeve!
HW: 257 (3/11); SW: 244 (7/11); GW: 150 (?/??)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Meme10
on 10/23/11 10:21 am - TX
I had a band for three years. I needed to lose 150 lbs, but I only lost a little over fifty. Three years ago my insurance wasn't paying for the sleeve, but they started paying this year. I had the same problems you had. The sleeve took care of my hunger issues. The eating plan is the same as the band, but it is much easier to follow. Oh, and the recovery from the sleeve was easier too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views