1st appt w/ surgeon in 12 hrs...excited & anxious...

MelissaMommyto5
on 10/23/11 3:28 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
I'm scheduled to meet with my surgeon for our first consult in just over 12 hrs from now.  I'm VERY excited about finally, officially opening this door & feeling like the reality of a new "me" is on the horizon.  But...I'm also strangely anxious.  I feel this sense of nervousness, possibly just fear of all the unknowns in my future.  I know that my health & my ability to parent my precious babies (6 yr old boy/gril twins & 1 yr old boy) is dependent on me making this drastic change, but I am a 'control freak' kind of person & not knowing every little detail of what to expect, or how to handle this & that, is weirding me out.  I know I need to just jump out in faith & go with the flow, but that is very hard for me to do.  I just keep trying to focus on the things I want to do again, like go skating with my kids, fit in an airplane seat, etc. & it helps me lessen my nervousness.  I'm sure I'll be getting to know many of you better over the next few months & I appreciate all your honesty & openness on OH that helps newbees like me get their feet wet through your experiences!  Let the weightloss begin! ~Melissa
Emberbreeze
on 10/23/11 7:59 pm
VSG on 04/04/12
 I know just how you feel, I'll be meeting with my surgeon on Friday.  This is the second surgeon I've been too, didn't like the first surgeon I saw, but just being at the beginning of this journey is exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time.  

Being on this thread and reading through the posts has given me more confidence about the surgery and has taught me sooooo much about pre and post op life.  I still have fears of "what if this doesn't work" but I have seen so much success on here that I am hopeful this will work for me too.

Good luck at your surgeon appointment, let us know how it goes!

HW (306)  SW (294.5) CW (193)

mcnaira
on 10/23/11 11:47 pm - VA
CONGRATS I WILL BE MEETING WITH MINE ON NOV.18 AND I CANT WAIT I KNOW IT EARLY ON BUT IM SO EXCITED I JUST CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SLEEVE I THINK ITS THE BEST PROCEDURE OUT THERE. PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views