So Happy with the results, but so frustrated!

pbartlett584
on 10/30/11 10:04 am
So sorry for the rant....

Since pre - op I have lost 33 pounds in 3 weeks... GREAT! But... I posted about possible dehydration. We ended up going to the ER.. I had bladder and kidney infection. But.. they didn't do blood work - which I asked for just to make sure. They doctor writes a script for Cipro.. I said I can't take that it has only been 1 week and to hard on the stomach.. his stupid reply is it will be fine - not knowing anything about surgery. I called my surgeon the next morning, he said absolutely don't take that, to strong on your healing stomach. So he said to get a lock put in and go for IV antibiotics. Good, know I have to find another doctor to do this when there is a huge doctor shortage. I ended up going to a Nurse Practioner and said this is whats going on, I am pretty sure I am also dehydrated - no labs done again. So now this is 3 days later and I have been driving 2 times per day to get IV antibiotics and today am SO Dizzy. So now wtf is going on! AGH... The doctor that I adored and was amazing, left a month before surgery and I just wish I could find another good doctor that would actually care.
No matter what - this is just a speed bump, I do not regret getting this done. I just have to get over this! Sorry for the rant, I just hate docs that are only in it for the money and could really care less what you are saying they are there because they have to.
Thanks for listening!

VSG - Drs. Aceves/Campos Oct/2011

Re-sleeve - Drs. Ungston/Beltran/Campos - March/2015

AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 10/30/11 10:10 am
Wow! Can your surgeon recommend a doctor or call and make an appt with someone he knows? That way he can explain doctor-to-doctor what is going on and what you need.
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

Bob S.
on 10/30/11 10:23 am - TN
Doctors do not know pill sizes...  I've had to tell my GP that I need liquid meds.  Funny look from him but it took me telling him for it to click.  Also - tell your drugstore to place a note in your chart.  Some of the pills are just too big.
jessicae
on 10/30/11 10:24 am
 oh wow!  you have a lot going on!  Do you have a regular doctor you see for other things?  Maybe they can help?  I had gone to ER with dehydration at 1 1/2 weeks out and it really does make you feel icky.  Regarding the cipro, I was actually on IV cipro in the hospital when my sleeve was done.  I guess maybe the pills would be too strong on the stomach  though.  you need fluids!  very strange for an ER to not draw labs?  do you have another one that is close to you?  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

pbartlett584
on 10/30/11 10:42 am
I called the nurse who is a family friend who gave me my cipro this morning and they are going to do my blood pressure and try to figure out whats going on! I don't have a regular GP. I had seen a doctor for my Hep A and B before I left and called his office I can get in a week from tomorrow... the doctor shortage is retarded around here. The worst is the doctors don't know what I really had and don't want to admit, so they just pretend.. Its dangerous! Dr. Campos has been amazing, he wrote a letter for the NP and told her this is what she needs to have.

Thanks so much for the replies!

pbartlett584
on 10/30/11 10:44 am
Oh another thing, I asked for more fluids as I know I am dehydrated, at the end of my cipro they gave me an extra 100 mls.. WOW - Thanks I guess

I am not a negative person, so I am really trying to not let this get me down. I know it will pass and I will be better than ever.. its just a speed bump!!!

mini_me_ now
on 10/30/11 11:59 am

In the mean time try sucking on popsicles as often as you can they all go towards fluids and hopefully you can get a stupid dr to listen..

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 10/30/11 2:21 pm

Hi. Wow.  I am sorry that you are going through what you are. So, on top of feeling sick, you have to mentally deal with doctors like that. Imagine, if you had taken the Cipro----oMGOODNESS. so, next...try to relax, because stress will increase chance of getting more sick (sure you know).  I just had VSG 7 days ago...and I love coming onto this website, to read, and see what others are going through, good and bad, it really is helpful.  Anytime you want to Vent...feel free, add me as a friend, I am a good listener...again, sorry for what's going on , and I will say a prayer for you. k.  Things will get better, just believe that.

pbartlett584
on 10/30/11 2:59 pm
Hey all
Just an update. Went tonight for my nightly Cipro dose got half of it in and looked down it was seeping out. IV wasn't in the vein... Dehydration shrinks your veins - right! Well after 7 attempts Dr. included - nothing, noda except a lot of bruises. So I said maybe its because I am dehydrated - I am TRYING to get my liquids in, but it isn't going so well. Dr. looks at me and says nah you just have bad veins.. oh ok...!? WTF!!! I said well I want my labs run - what do you mean labs - I said I want all of my labs run I want to make sure everything is ok. He says "Who is your family physician"? I said I don't have one... Well... ugh... I said you know what don't bother if it is that big of deal.. He said No - I guess I can.. Frick how hard is it.. Anyways now I am on Amoxil Liquid, hopefully it works! I said to my husband.. so FRUSTRATING!!!!

So anyways that was my night
Happy Halloween tomorrow to everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views