ANY OTHER FOODS TO EAT THAN....PUDDING, YOGURT, PROTEIN SHAKES,...

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/2/11 2:37 pm

Hello All.   new the site, Sleeved on 10-24-2011...lil more than a week ago....still eating the stage II, but in dire need of a change, for real....if possible....anybody eat anything, soft, but different...than the typical...Listed items....Pudding, yogurt, popsickles, cream soups, applesauce, baby strained fruits...Any suggestions...please, feel free to comment as well....I know, we should stay focused on these foods....but_ughhhh I am sure some of you understand.     right?     lol

Erica77
on 11/2/11 10:12 pm - MN
have you tried cottage cheese? Or ricotta cheese? You can add a little marinara sauce to each ..pretty yummy.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/3/11 9:40 am

Hello ERica.  I have not tried any cheeses like that....I called my doc's office and the nutritionist told me not to eat ANY CHEESE. UGHHH.   My friend also had cottage cheese...at this stage.  I just don't want to do anything I may regret....but thanks, and yummy it sounds...Hey, maybe it wont bother me, hey if I get too bored,  i just may go ahead and try it....you should add me as a friend, so we can future chat....about food or whatever.  I pray all is well with you and yours. Yah Bless u.

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/2/11 10:24 pm
I live on wonton soup broth and broth from a recipe called "Chicken and Dumplins". It is a thicker broth that is so very yummy and I could eat it everyday. I also really love the broth from black bean soup. I am not able to eat mushies until Thanksgiving so I am stuck right there with you in boring world.

Yesterday I blended up 2 strawberries, 4 blueberries and a dab of sugar free frozen yougurt with some ice. It was wonderful but could only eat a couple of bites due to restriction.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/3/11 9:49 am
Thanks for the response, it sounds delish!  But, apparently, my doc's office told me to not even have ricotta or cottage cheese????  I wonder why.  I have been a stickler to that BORING menu....time to change....I guess, they scare me into thinking that something horrible may happen if I venture off onto another path of NOT SO BLAH.   Thanks again.  I pray that all is well with you.

chunkymonkey1991
on 11/2/11 10:32 pm
 It sounds like you pretty much covered all the foods. My surgeons plan was full liquids for 2 weeks post surgery, then mushy foods for one meal a day for weeks 3-4, then three meals a day of mushy food for months 1-3, then normal food. is that the same for you or are you supposed to be on liquids longer?

just keep thinking... one more week then it'll be over!! 
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/3/11 9:53 am
Hi. Thanks for responding.  My doc's told me that I should stay on this Stage II diet for at least one whole month post-op----WHAT...yeah, I know...crazy....maybe that person I spoke to was wrong...I will see at my 10 day follow up appt.....Oh, how I dream of Tabouli salad, and Falafel, and oh rice and Beans....and.....OH SORRY.....I am back...LOL...But for real...I know it's temporary, I'm just being a brat.  Add me as a friend, so we can keep in touch, k.  Pray that You are healthy and happy!  Yahuwah Bless you.

chunkymonkey1991
on 11/3/11 10:39 am
 Haha no problem. I remember what it was like to be on a liquid diet. it SUCKED. different docs have different schedules and procedures for their patients, so while mine did 2 weeks of liquid, your might do 4. :/ when i first started eating post-op i had pepper jack cheese, chicken, salmon, and soft meats (not ACTUALLY pureed). Hopefully they let you start eating mushies sooner rather than later!

btw I just started a blog to follow my journey through weight loss surgery. the link is www.chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

MrsClaus09
on 11/2/11 11:23 pm
I made custards with eggs.  Also,I pretty much lived on regular or cream of tomato soup - made with lactaid and always added a wedge of laughing cow cheese and blended canned roasted tomatoes.  I also used my immersion blender to puree everything...from tomatoes to chili to beef stew!!  It's time to get creative!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/3/11 9:57 am
Good Evening, and thanks for the response, helpful ...just except for the beef part-I am a lacto-veg, but do eat fish.  lol.  Anyhow, I simply Luv the cheese, almost any cheese, and I guess that's what I am wanting to eat the most....laughing cow, is the bomb.  I will try that in my tomato soup...yummy.  Can you tell I'm hungry?    I pray that all is well with your health and your spirits.  You can add me as a friend if you'd like, so we can keep in touch.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views