Hair Loss!! Attn: Veteran Sleevers!

koverturf
on 11/3/11 4:54 am - CA
I have lost about 40% of my volume! I wanted to ask some veteran sleevers how they were able to slow it or regain hair growth?
I am 8 months out and I have been lossing my hair for the last 3 months in total I have lost 40% of my total volume. I have alot of breakage and some new growth but I am freaking out that I will lose more. Is there something I can do with my diet to help slow it down or reverse it??

LosingLZ
on 11/3/11 5:23 am
I will be interested in the answers. I am taking vitamins and hoping for the best but the loss has begun in earnest!  I am looking at hats!
emelar
on 11/3/11 5:32 am - TX
I started losing at 4 1/2 months at an alarming rate.  It's slowed down considerably and new growth is coming in.

There's probably not much you can do to stop the loss.  The hair is already dead and is being pushed out.  To encourage healthy hair growth:

1.  Biotin capsule 5000mcgs
2.  Nioxin shampoo/conditioner
3.  Make sure you're getting your protein in
4.  Make sure you're getting your iron, that you're not anemic

There are other deficiencies that contribute to your hair growth, but protein and iron are the biggies.

Short term solution - shorter, layered haircut will make your hair look fuller.  Products like the Joan Rivers powder or X-Fusion (keratin powders) can be applied for a fuller appearance.  And then you pray and wait for it to grow back! 
sundaymorning
on 11/3/11 5:33 am
 My hair stopped at around my 7th-8th month.  The last month was the worst for me and my hair looked thin and weak.  I made sure to keep up on my protein and vitamins and added biotin to my vitamins (I also found a product/spray that contained biotin from pureology).  I have a lot of regrowth which looks like alittle bean sprout patch on the top of my head.  
loverofcats
on 11/3/11 5:33 am
It does grow back. Since you are already seeing regrowth, the hair loss must be slowing down. How quickly it comes back, depends on how fast your hair normally grows. The new hair growth can be assisted by a good protein intake. It is a process that most of us, have to go through. It will come back.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

felicity2u
on 11/3/11 6:49 am - LA
I am eight months out today and I started losing my hair around 31/2 months out.  It was getting very bad and my hair dresser gave me the Bosley Bos Revive Shampoo and Conditioner.  Bosley is know around the world for the hair treatments and I found great success with it and now have hardly any hair loss.  You can usually only get it at salons but I have also found it on amazon.  They make one for color treated and not color treated hair.  Also, make sure you ge the Bos Revive and not the Bos Defend because the revive helps bring back lost hair.  Hope this helps. Here is a picture of what it looks like!

Bosley Revive Shampoo & Conditioner For Visibly Thinning Color Treated Hair Liter Duo (33.8 oz)

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

MN_Mama
on 11/3/11 7:07 am
Mine's starting to grow back finally, but I look like a young orangutan--all fuzzy on top.  I have been munching Biotin, my multi-vitamins and keeping up on the protein.  

kanga003
on 11/3/11 7:54 am
Mine is SO bad I wear a wig :-(  and I'm only 3.5 months out!  See my profile for the depressing pictures :-(   Very grateful for my wig!!!
TeriMac10
on 11/3/11 8:05 am
I am 10 months out and finally broke down today and went and got 8 inches of my hair cut off.  I had very long hair and it is now a long bob style...the hair loss has stopped, finally.  Mine didn't start to fall out until around month 6 and fell out faster than I could unclog drains...LOL.  Just get a good haircut...biotin...and massage your scalp to encourage blood flow...other than that...enjoy losing weight and take the hair loss as a temporary problem.  Love.
Teri
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 8:41 am
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views