Dizzy/headache after eating

cndtms1
on 11/6/11 5:45 am
I have a question for the old-timers: have you had dizziness and a headache after eating a normal amount? I am about a year and 9 months post surgery and am otherwise feeling well. My bloodwork shows all normal levels. The dizziness lasts several hours. The headache is right behind my face. It goes away if I take tylenol but I don't like taking it.

I asked my surgeon and he said it may have something to do with an overactive pancreas, although the nutritionist disagreed with this theory. So I'm taking this to the real experts - YOU.

Thanks for the help!

urmisnshin2
on 11/6/11 9:49 am - TX
I'm not an old timer, but my friend is about 18months post op. He was having this same problem as well. Do you get the dizziness/headache after every meal? He started logging all his meals again and has discovered if his meal is high in fat or carbs he has this problem.  Needless to say he has gone back to his original post op type eating and the problems have stopped.

Good Luck!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

cndtms1
on 11/6/11 9:57 pm
Good idea - I'll try that.

Sometimes the headache is first thing in the morning before I even get out of bed.

cndtms1
on 11/8/11 4:09 am
I went to my GP, who did not think it was RH. Blood sugar was 90. Perhaps sinus trouble? He suggested MRI/brain since I have hx breast ca.

I feel light headed most of the time. Headache varies from slight to wow! Has anyone else experienced this?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views