how much is too much to loose your 1st wk out?

NMGAL15
on 11/6/11 4:54 am - Rio Rancho, NM
 Hey guys.. Im just wondering how much is too much to have lost at 5 days out? I know everyone is different , I have lost 10lbs since Monday. My mother in law says its from dehydration.. which it could be but I have been getting in 64oz alternating between powerade 0 and water. 
  So I guess Im just curious what your loss' looked like at the 1 wk mark.. :) 
ChristineTX1970
on 11/6/11 5:05 am - TX
I lost 6.4 my first week.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 5:12 am
i was down 8, no issue getting fluids in.

apple55
on 11/6/11 5:19 am
I was down 6.5 pounds.

susanraywilliams
on 11/6/11 5:21 am
My nut said expect to lose 10-20 lbs in the 1st 2 wks

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/6/11 5:28 am
There is no right answer.  Some people lose a lot, some lose very little in the first week.  Your mother-in-law is partially right -- most of it is probably water, but you are not necessarily dehydrated.  Some of it is fat, because you have a big calorie deficit in the first week.

Relax and enjoy your journey -- it will be unique to you.

There is no normal, there is only you, your process and the way your body responds.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Awesomassager
on 11/6/11 5:38 am - KY
Dont what I have lost yet (surgery was November 2nd), dont have a scale at home. but I am only getting in about 20-30 oz of fluid. just wont go down. I am tolerating everything and i still hav my JP drain in and nothing discolored is coming out...

Good luck
ambercarr
on 11/6/11 7:06 am - OH
 They took mine out before i left the hospital.  why do you still have yours?
katier825
on 11/6/11 7:18 am
On November 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM Pacific Time, ambercarr wrote:
 They took mine out before i left the hospital.  why do you still have yours?
Some doctors remove them at the first post op visit.  Mine did.
injeneral
on 11/7/11 1:27 am
Mine was in for 10 days. My doctor said that was the best way to determine if a leak showed up post-op (drain fluid would obviously increase). I'm grateful he used that method to monitor me, even though the drain itself seriously sucked. And it was sooooooo nice to get it taken out! (and it didn't hurt at all for me, contrary to what most people experience0.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views