5 weeks out with a question and a new NSV

rbccbrmfld
on 11/8/11 9:42 pm
Hi all. It has been 5 weeks today since surgery. I am down 28.7 pds. Some people get upset about that amount all I can say is OMG.  Everyone at work is supporting me (work in hospital) it is great. Telling me they can see it. And I look so healthy already.  Even some saying they cant wait to watch me melt away.  Neither can I.  I can tell in some places like my feet. Shoes can actually be kicked off. But I still dont see myself down that much in the mirror. But I know it is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to why I am posting.  Been doing good for a while but and get nauseaous in the morning.  It takes me 3-4 hours to be able to eat.  Cant even drink my hot tea.  I am still taking what is left of carafate and take my prilosec otc in morning and evening. I get this awful nasty thick taste in the morning when I get up and it takes forever to get rid of.  I have thrown up twice from it first thing after taking thyoid and prilosec med in morning.  Just the water came up. Has anyone else had this problem. Could be allergies too. Not sure havent been having any of those since surgery.  Thanks for any info.

Also one more thing have another NSV. I get to buy new jeans this weekend. I can take my other ones off without undoing them.  I love it thank you  sleeve and Dr Nease.  U r both the bomb. 

Stephanie M.
on 11/8/11 10:02 pm
Have you spoken to your surgeon about your nausea? What it sounds like, in my completely non-expert opinion, is that the Prilosec isn't cutting it for you. You may need a higher dose or to try a different PPI.

Keep up the good work!

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

46_11tobeme
on 11/8/11 10:32 pm - NJ
 I have the same problem in the morning - I am 2 weeks post op. I did seem to get better when I moved my Prilosec to before bed instead of in the morning. I does not seem to work 24 hrs for me. when i took it in the morning I kept waking up and felt awful in the morning. Now I take it before bed and feel better in the morning, but start to get that sour stomach in the evening (just take a Tums for that).

VegasLAbound
on 11/9/11 1:18 am - Cleveland, OH

Great job on the weight loss and I would also talk to the surgeon or his nurse regarding the nausea. About the jeans. Don't get too excited just yet because I have lost almost 50 lbs and i wear the same size clothing. Sorta sucks but i'll be happy I didn't have to spend that money!

kimberleyann
on 11/9/11 1:33 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Some people just need an adjustment on the acid reducer they are on. I for example am on one at night and one in the morning.  I had Reflux issues before surgery.  Check with your doctor. It might be better for you to take at night like the other poster said.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views