I need a sweet potatoe recipe low in carbs

sndeebear
on 11/11/11 1:16 am
Ok so im almost a month out and will be past that by thanksgiving.. Im looking for a low carb receipe not just for me but also my son has type 1 diabetes and I still would like him to have a yummie holiday.. so if u have a good one or  maybe know where I cld find some.. It would be greatly appreciated...

TheBiscuit
on 11/11/11 1:29 am - TX
 If you're willing to switch from sweet potato to winter squash, there are a lot of fantastic squash casserole recipes out there. You can use splenda brown sugar, margerine, low fat milk, etc. Comes out plenty sweet and incredibly yummy. Really not TOO bad for you either. Squash has about 100 less calories than sweet potatoes. 
sndeebear
on 11/11/11 1:42 am
oh yes.. I wld be very willing.. I have found some.. yet nothing that I feel my kids would enjoy.. Plus I dont want one with too much sweetners..

Faye56
on 11/11/11 2:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
This side dish can also be eaten as a deliciously sweet, warm breakfast (just leave out the pineapple extract, as it's what gives the dish the tangy, sweet potato taste)
Ingredients:
1 fresh pumpkin (ground in food processor to an oatmeal consistency - yeild 3/4 cup)
1 T. heavy cream
2 1/2 T. Splenda
Cinnamon, to taste
Pumpkin Pie spice, to taste
1 drop Pineapple extract *

When pumpkin is at your desired softness, remove from heat, stir and let cool uncovered to allow excess water to evaporate.
Number of Servings: 1 person serving
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: Total Carbs: 11g / Fiber: 2 g / Net Carbs: 9 g
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Average
This copied very weird but this is a Faux Sweet Potato receipe also. Sunds pretty good. Instead of using a real pumpkin I think you could get canned pumpkin. Worth a try! 

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

46_11tobeme
on 11/11/11 2:27 am - NJ
 Sweet potatoes themselves are high in carbs, but also very nutrient dense and since you probably wont be able to eat more than 1 bite i personally would have that bite on Thanksging. I roast them in the oven (cut in chunks, use a little olive oil or could use spray and lots of seasonings - salt, pepper, garlic, herbs, etc and roast in oven at 400 till browned and soft on the inside). My family loves these and there is no added sugar, butter, marshmallows, etc. Sweet potatoes are fine for a Type 1 diabetic as long as you watch the portion size and count the carbs.

G-Wiz
on 11/11/11 2:47 am - LA
Yams - Sugar Free (Sweet Potatoes) Submitted by: SCORPIOCANDIE

I adapted my fiance's recipe to use Splenda and a little vanilla...it's simply delicious!

45 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Side Items | Sugar Free | Sugar Free Side Items | Side Dish | Side Items Side Dish |

Ingredients
2 - medium Sweet Potatoes (aka yams) (raw) - about 2 cups
1/3 cup - splenda (sucralose)
1/8 tsp - vanilla
1 tsp - cinnamon, ground
1 cup water

Directions
Slice raw sweet potatoes into medium slim slices. Place slices into a small pot (large enough to hold the potatoes and water mixture).

Wisk together water, splenda, cinnamon, and vanilla, blend well. Pour over sliced sweet potatoes.

Cover and bring to a boil on medium heat. Once boiling, turn down to simmer, cook 30 - 35 minutes, until potatoes are soft - do not overcook, it will become too mushy.

ENJOY!!!!

Number of Servings: 3

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SCORPIOCANDIE.

Number of Servings: 3

STOLE FROM :Sparkspeople

HW:387#,  CW: 341.7#,  SW:326.5#, GW 180#...
SLEEVE SURGERY DATE  AUGUST 9, 2011.....                      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views