yippie!

Ashley H.
on 11/14/11 12:18 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
So I posted a small blog about this. But I wanted to hear what others think.  I went to my doctor and he said I am a great candidate for the Sleeve.  I found out that for my insurance I only need 4 months of weight tracking to have it paid for.  So that really excited me.  I thought I had to wait for 6 months.  Then on top of all that I do not have to see my doctor at his office which is 4 hours away from me every month.  I can see my local PCP and have him track my weight for those 4 months.  That saves me a lot of traveling.  I am super excited about all this but feel almost gypped.  I wont see the nutritionist again till the last month and the few weeks before surgery.  Do I really need travel those 4 hours just to see the nutritionist or should l I just do the weight monitoring with my local PCP?  Starting to get really nervous now that I know it is not that far away.  I know I NEED this surgery and I WANT it really bad but I'm nervous if I will know how to eat right after all this. 
wls2011
on 11/14/11 1:24 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I live almost 3 hours away from my surgeon's office....Will the NUT do phone consults? or be available by email....mine did both...and it was so much easier than going through all the time and traffic for a short visit in the office....I also was able to do my PYSCH consult by phone...

At this point, I go only for follow ups with the surgeon, and they space them out pretty good, so it's not too bad.

Good luck!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views