Best NSV--my first true one I feel. . .

viola_120
on 11/17/11 2:34 am - FL
I'm a teacher.  Today we had a pep rally.  There was relay for the teachers as follows:  Pulling tissues out of a box, sliding under mats, adding a second layer of clothes over our clothing, jumping rope while chewing gum and blowing bubbles and finally leaping over progressively higher mats to race to the finish line.

Oh, my god, the students chanted my name to go out and I was dreading it and tried to avoid the relay --hiding in the background, hiding behind students.

The students would not let me, so out to the relay I went.  It was a blast.   I never once had to stop for breathe.  I zoomed through the obstacles.  The first pair of pants I tried on actually fit!!!! ( I was so dreading that part)  Jumping rope and chewing gum and blowing bubbles--had it!  Leaping over mats no problem.  Was I tired?  Heck no!  I rocked!  Did I win?  Heck no!! Did I have fun?  Heck, yea!

Best NSV ever!!
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
Daisy_Rose
on 11/17/11 2:42 am
 Congratulations!  Makes this journey SO worth it!  Thanks for sharing... it's not all about the scale, is it!!!
wls2011
on 11/17/11 2:56 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 That's awesome! Way to Go!  I find that I can do crazy things without embarassment now too...I can have more fun and not be so self conscious....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Kim_M
on 11/17/11 3:48 am - LaPorte, TX
Proud of you !!!!That is one nsv I hope yu never forget and there is alot more to come!!!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
katier825
on 11/17/11 4:39 am
That's awsome! You go girl!!! It's such a great feeling when we discover we can actually do things like that now.

Hope to catch up with you Tuesday...but you look so thin now, I'm not sure I'd recognize you! I'll just look for the skinny athletic one in the room! LOL
kimbethin
on 11/17/11 4:42 am - CA
  Those kids must love you!  Good for you for enjoying yourself!  It's so much easier in post vsg land isn't it?
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views