Protein ideas on less meat??

wls2011
on 11/17/11 1:32 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Hi everyone....

I'd really like to hear from those that are managing to keep up their protein intake while eating less meat...and eating more plant sources of protein....from a former raw foodist/semi-vegetarian...I am wondering if it is possible to ever get back to more fruits and veggies....I miss how I felt while eating that way...but I know that my diet was like 10% protein at the time, the rest being healthy carbs & fats from natural sources. Currently, my ratios are just about equally split between carbs, fats, and protein.

If I don't eat meat or protein shakes at nearly every meal, I am way less than my requirements....I do eat dairy now and get some protein that way, but it's still not enough....

Also, I think I saw a post where Dr.Hollywood said she had good labs without eating meat...so if you'd like to tell me how....I'd appreciate it....thanks.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Crystal M.
on 11/17/11 2:55 am - El Paso, TX
There are a lot of protein sources besides meat (dairy, beans, etc) but keep in mind that there are two types of protein: complete proteins (mostly from meats) and incomplete proteins (mostly from non-meat sources), and we need both types.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views