SV and a sort of NSV

CoolBeans
on 11/20/11 3:46 pm - MD
So today I got on the scale and it read 248.9. This puts me down about 58 pounds from my first doctor's visit when I started this journey back in the summer. But it also puts me down 100 pounds from my highest weight several years ago. I don't feel like a full fledged member of the century club since that 100 pound loss was interupted by a few years in the middle, but still I felt it was worthy of a share. 

I have some travels coming up over the holiday weekend and my dress pants are getting loose on me. So I went to Dress Barn today.  This is a store I haven't been able to shop in since their sizes only go up to 24 and I have been over that for a very long time. But I took the chance that maybe I could fit into some of their 24s. I went in, pulled about 4 pairs of the rack and found that every one of them fit. Well sorta fit. Even though they were 24 short, they were all too long for my short self. Oh well, at least they went on easily and would have looked good if I were a few inches taller. 

Cari    
Mom4Jazz
on 11/20/11 10:18 pm
Way to go.

Before you know it, you'll be trying on a pair of pants from the regular size section just for giggles and be amazed because they fit. I remember that day - I literally cried.

I'm the same as you on my weight. I did, a couple of years ago, cross into SMO at a weight of 335 lbs. But I had lost down and was on my way back up again when I started this journey, so I didn't feel like I could really use that as my starting weight. Still, it does make the achievement sweeter.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active