Re-post, Re-introducing myself

skyjem
on 11/24/11 1:48 am - Canada
I've finally had my surgery, November 19th at St. Joseph's Hospital Hamilton. My surgeon was Dr. Scott Gmora. Some of you may remember that I was fighting for the VSG and he did it! I'll thank him for the rest of my life.
It was a long, hard road, one that I almost gave up on, more than 3 years. I'm glad that I persevered.
So far the worst thing is the nausea, I actually threw up on the 2nd night, which scared me badly. I swore I was going to make those staples pop open.
The best thing has been, well the first part of my journey is done.
I'm having some problems with the protein shakes and will have to do some experimenting. 
I'm at 6 cups of liquids per day and I know it will take time to get the minimum of 8 per day. I'm working on it.
Anyway just thought I'd say hi and re-introduce myself. I know I'll be back with questions and just reading everyone else's experiences.
Nadia
Stronger1
on 11/24/11 2:06 am - Charlotte, NC
Congratulations skyjem!! I am glad you kept up the fight and finally were able to get what you needed!!! I have also been working on this for aboutg 4 years and finally it's happening December 1!!  Keep us posted on your recovery.  I'll be joining you on the loser's bench shortly.
tillmadd
on 11/24/11 2:13 am - WI
 Welcome to the Losers' Bench & Happy thanksgiving!!! We all have a lot to be thanful for!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

cbz1815
on 11/24/11 8:09 am
 Welcome!  I had my surgery one day before you.   There are some truly gross protein shakes and some that are paletable.   I'm starting to feel more normal but fatigue very easily.  I'm getting my liquids in - I even slurged and tried some cottage cheese today -- tomorrow is my official "soft" stage start but I started early for Thanksgiving -- it was great.   
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views