MsLove01
on 11/25/11 2:31 am - WA
Hi everyone,
 I am 9 days post op. The weight is just melting off which is unbelieveable! I am down 19lbs. My doc wanted me to drink 100 g protein every day but I am having a difficult time. I bought Whey protein mixing with soy so 12 oz is about 60 grams...however it takes me all day to drink it. On my best day i had 32 oz water, but it is still a struggle. I have been walking an hour everyday, but it is getting more difficult. Today my stomach is upset, my muscles are so soar I can barely walk and my stomach is decended, I actually had to take pain meds for the first time in about a week. Has anyone had this experience?
I read about the burping and gas, lol..I was wondering if this was going to be permanent...not so sexy for sure. I keep thinking i'll be skinny but burp like a trucker and smell like something died inside of me.
Energy is really low, trying to take it easy and get exercise in.

The most amazing thing is I have completely stopped taking insulin and oral diabetic medication. I have been diabetic for 17 years and normaly take 100 units of insulin per day. Since surgery my sugars have been less than 100.

This is definatley a very exciting time and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks, Marlene
Marlene

katier825
on 11/25/11 4:04 am
It takes awhile to get all the fluids in because of the swelling. I only liked the protein mixed with water. I couldn't stand the texture mixed with milk. I was pretty sore for a few weeks. It was at least a month before I could walk a mile. If you're up to it, that's great, but try not to overdo. If it hurts, try a shorter walk. The burping situation will improve with time. Congrats on your surgery!
ruggie
on 11/25/11 11:23 am - Sacramento, CA
Like you, my surgery scars / abdomenal wall hurt more on weeks 2 and 3 than they did the first week.

Don't worry about the liquids - you'll start drinking faster and faster, a bit each day, and you'll suddenly realize it's no issue.  I drink just as fast as I used to now.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views