lapband to sleeve in one surgery...

cassandra1021
on 11/26/11 10:48 am - MD
 if all goes well my surgery is scheduled for Dec 28 hopefully my surgeon will remove the band and sleeve me all at once.  for those who've had all of this done in one surgery, how was your experience and recovery. how is the weight less going? any other helpful tips are welcome!!
Chelle2380
on 11/26/11 12:01 pm - TX
I just had that same thing done.  It was much worse than I expected and I'm 8 days out now and have been off pain medicine for 2 days.  I was in the hospital for 3 nights 4 days though and it was super hard!  My doctor told me that though.  Just be prepared to be in the hospital for awhile and not be able to take care of yourself for about 4 days.

Happy Camper
on 11/26/11 12:52 pm
 Yes, I had it done.  The only difference is that surgery took about an extra hour .  He said I had a lot of scar tissue around my band.  I have been soo much happier than with the band!!!  It's so much more comfortable too.  I think you'll be much happier.  And I'm losing weight so fast!

Dreamofpeace
on 11/26/11 12:59 pm - Rochester, MN
I haven't had it done yet so have no experience but my band to sleeve revision is on Dec. 1st.  I was told to expect a 3-4 day hospital stay but that it really depends on how I'm recovering and it could be 2 days.    Pain tolerance is not my strong point and I hated recovery from band surgery and gallbladder surgery.....expecting this to probably be worse than that but thankfully it is only temporary.
revisiondecision2011
on 11/26/11 1:23 pm
I had a great experience. Home after one night. Done with pain Meds in three. No complications and was up walking around a few hours later. I was one month out on thanksgiving and was down 26 pounds. Great decision to switch. Things are going very well for me. My doc used the davinci robotic surgery with me which lowers risk and the size of the incisions. Worth asking about. Good luck!
kegpsu
on 11/27/11 11:58 am
Revision on 01/31/12
I'm scheduled for band to VSG on Dec 13. Glad to hear people are doing well. I can't help but to have thoughts that I might only lose another 15lbs post op. good luck to all!
RunnFree
on 11/27/11 12:01 pm - TN
good luck, I'm going in on the 6th for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views