? About Body Spandex Pre OP

pdalton8
on 11/25/11 10:06 pm - NV
Hello! Can anyone of you give suggestion's on which Body Spandex you have bought for after surgery to wear when the weight starts to fall off and you have loose skin? Im looking for a good product to buy that is comfortable and good quality....  I appreciate your response!

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/11 10:31 pm - GA
Hey Grilfriend!

I personally love Spanx. I have bought them at Lane Bryant before and they really work great. Make sure you get a size "up" because they REALLY hold you in almost to the point where you can't breathe,LOL...
I've also bout like "biker shorts' from the avenue to wear under dresses, etc and I liked those alot too.

I hope that helps some. How are you feeling this morning on day 2 of your preop diet? I'm about to go for my 1 of 5 protein shakes and I'm already starving. But we can do this, it'll be so worth it!

pdalton8
on 11/25/11 11:23 pm - NV
Hi Ro Ro!  I will go to lane Bryant and check it out thank you! The diet is OK you will get use to drinking a ton of water to help keep you full for sure! I make my protein drink like a shake so that I feel I 'm getting more to eat. I add Ice one Premier protein Drink and a scoop of Natures Way  Metabolic Reset Hunger Control Protein and Fiber Meal replacement is is so Yummy and I get a ton of protein in that way.  i also get veggies and it helps a lot. But I'm down 15 pounds in one month so I think I'm going to be OK. just need to focus and keep pushing until Dec 8Th! I know you will do good! It will be here before we know it!

katier825
on 11/25/11 10:41 pm
I have a Bali tank top that is cut to go below your own bra, but has straps like a tank top. I like that best as the other tank styles flatten out my breasts too much. They need to be sized up too. I think mine are 2x and I'm in a Med/Lg top now. They aren't very comfy for all day wear, but I wear them only with certain shirts to make them smooth out my belly.
pdalton8
on 11/25/11 11:26 pm - NV
Thank you! I will check out the one that flattens the tummy for sure! So much to think about before and after surgery and I appreciate your reply!

PluggingAlong
on 11/25/11 11:02 pm
 Target sells a Spanx line I really like. They have lots of different styles and you can try them on which is a big plus to ordering online because the different styles really vary in sizing.

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

pdalton8
on 11/25/11 11:28 pm - NV
Nice! Another good Idea Target ! I will take a look thanks for replying to my post! Very Helpful!

bunnymom
on 11/26/11 12:09 pm
I started wearing spanx leggings when my mayonnaise jars legs went to skinny stork legs (120 pounds down). I ordered from Roaman's. They fit me real nice even though my BMI is now 26.0. Here is what I found: the body wear that is 5% spanx and 95% nylon is very very hard for me to tolerate. It is too rigid, too shiney, too uncomfortable, doesn't breathe. The leggings I bought that are 95% cotton and 5% spanx are wonderful. They are stretchy, comfortable, breathe and move with your body. Just be aware that some body suits are made with nylon and that may not be as comfortable a fabric combination as a cotton one--just be aware and try the things on. I also just ordered a body suit that has arms to the elbows and holds in floppy arms. I have not received it yet, but am very excited as my arms are embarrassing. It may be a nylon combo, but they are hard to find and I ordered it anyway. I love the new body suits. Google women's body suits or women's compression garmets and a million will come up. Good Luck!
Bunnymom            
pdalton8
on 11/26/11 12:51 pm - NV
Thank you so much for the information! I'm going to look into Roman's I need cotton so thank you for mentioning that!  I know I'm going to need to have something to hold the floppy stuff in once the weight starts to come off! Thanks again....And post how you like the body suite I would be interested in knowing how it worked out for you. Take Care.

Most Active