How to stop losing?

Could_It_Be
on 11/29/11 7:01 am
Hi Y'all!

Long time, no 'see'. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm doing great!! Best decision I EVER MADE!!!!!!

Have a silly question that I'm sure I knew the answer to at some point but for the life of me I can't remember now...

Once we reach our goal, how do you stop losing??

I'm thinking you just add back in some more calories until you find your body's balance for maintaining. I'm sure I learned this in one of the classes but honestly, I think I disregarded it cause I didn't believe I'd ever get to my goal!!

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 7:08 am
*gasp* who dares ask this question?! One day I hope I am fortunate enough to use whatever information is posted here!
edelu
on 11/29/11 7:46 am - los angeles, CA
People tend to add in healthy fats when they get to goal.  a handful of almonds, 1/4 avocado etc.  There is a maintenance board on here and they deal with that.  Check them out.  Good luck.
JulB
on 11/29/11 11:14 pm - PA
Let your body be your guide. Over the last few years I've cut out most of the bad food in my life, no processed foods, absolutely no refined sugar or sugar substitutes. I still have not gotten an appetite back, so it's been easy to figure out portion control, and if you are continuing to lose, add some healthy fats back in as the others suggested. Sometimes for me an increase in exercise helps, my body then prompts me to eat a little more than normal. I can tell you though, I react completely differently to stress in my life now, both positive and negative. I find that if I have too much going on, I don't eat at all, I lost whatever appetite I did have, so be conscious of that. All in all, congratulations and enjoy the new lease on life!
Julie

Could_It_Be
on 12/2/11 3:18 am
Thanks everyone, I'm still about 35 away from what I think my goal is but it occurred to me I've never thought about the maintaining phase of this!

Anyway, thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
vacationlover
on 12/2/11 4:32 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views