Thanksgiving Success

changeiscomingsoon
on 11/30/11 10:59 am
I will say that this Thanksgiving was proof that this sleeve has delivered me from the bowels of eating hell. I definitely knew exactly what I was thankful for!!
I ate my protein first ham/turkey, a BITE of two casserole dishes, and about 4 bites of dressing, and one slice of pumpkin spice cake....all this was while grazing over this one plate for several hours at work. When I got home that nite I ate a piece of turkey and a few bites of dressing. I swear normally I would have eaten two plates full of everything I could pack it with FROM EDGE TO EDGE. It just leaves me dumb-founded at how itty bitty I can eat now. I will say that I did "gain" about 4 lbs but TOM was here too. I was beyond determined to get rid of it. So, when I get in overdrive like that I hit the gym harder. So, for me it was three hours of intensive workout. By the time I finished and weighed the next morning it was all gone. Gotta drink more though. I feel like I am more in balance now. It helps get/keep my mind centered. I know what to do to "get right" and I must say I was amazed that for once I applied myself to the things that work and by golly it worked..BAM! Love it, Love it, Love it!! I
I am still working on trying to lose 10 lbs and will get there one day. I am steadily losing inches and that is great too. Because I keep up my good eating habits and exercise routine it will come slowly. I know that I will not lose like the beginning and that is fine. I am at place now that I can actually deal with what I have to do.
This fall season has been a time of seeing people I have not seen in a year nearly. I mean I just cannot tell you the people who look me dead in the eyes and cannot even recognize me. It really is kind of funny. Incognito can be fun:) I mean even male relatives were "checking me out" cause they did not know who "that good looking girl" was. I have had to literally introduce myself to people I have known for years. I am 1yr and 1.5 mos out. I still can only eat about a palm size piece of dense meat and maybe a half palm of veggie at the time. I carry food with me everywhere. I eat regularly..~3hrs and drink between, gym 3-4 times a week...intense workout. I was a 26W pant and now I am a straight up 8...
.DO WHAT!! Yes, a size 8...crazy8:)
Was a size 3x shirt..now a SMALL..yep..s-m-a-l-l.
Exercise has reduced my inches in places I NEVER EVER thought possible without surgery. I am just so amazed. Having the right trainer and working hard has made ALL the difference in inches. Get this....60 push ups regular and/or inverted..good gracious I can hardly believe that....me doing push ups. Who knew. Now there are still areas that would need surgery to be right again but I really think I can live with it just like it is.
Yes, people treat me differently thinner than before. I don't have the first problem with it. I am healthy and that is ALL that matters to me. Period. I do not tell about my surgery right now. I still am working on getting to a secure place with my success. I feel like I need to be at 2 yrs with one of those years maintaining and still achieving at the gym. I have mentioned that a friend has had this surgery to two other people but no one is interested in surgery. Really is funny how that is. Everyone has their own place they have to be:)
I hope that anyone wanting to live a better healthier life will be able to take the steps necessary to do that. It IS just amazing to be in control for once again in my life. I feel like finally the real me is living like I knew I could.

cbz1815
on 11/30/11 9:23 pm
 Great story - thanks for sharing the success.  so encouraging.
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
mandyc1975
on 12/1/11 2:11 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I was also VERY thankful for my sleeve this year. I do have to admit that I didn't eat any protein on Thanksgiving. That's all we ever get to eat and I am ok with that but I also love other stuff that I don't usually get so, I had several bites of potatos, stuffing, and green bean casserole for lunch and dinner. And instead of dessert, I had a few bites of rice pudding. It's one of my favorites. So, I did stray a little but instead of having several thousand calories like I use to for each meal, I had several hundred. I'd say that is SUCCESS.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
changeiscomingsoon
on 12/1/11 6:30 am
I would DEFINITELY say that is success for sure. Anything a million calories less than what we use to eat is success. I find it completely successful to be able to eat bite of anything and not gorging on it.
Congrats to you you as well.:)))

Most Active