isopure ? Which ones

hermio
on 11/30/11 11:12 am
 Which Isopure drinks taste best? It looks like I have to buy by the case @ vitamin shoppe. If so what tastes the best. I Know a lot of people say they don't taste very good but which ones are better than others?

I have surgery Monday and clear liquids for 2 weeks after..

thanks 

1st Goal 225      2nd Goal  200     3rd Goal 180   Trying 1st = 3 mo    2nd = 6mo   3rd = 1yr  GW 180

Dec 5,  2011 VSG,    5'7" Male,     HW 320,     SW 276,     CW 235,     GW 190
Loss by Doc Visit 1mo=18   3mo= 26   6mo=??  
joannalee
on 11/30/11 11:21 am - Victoria, TX
 I have grape and punch can't really say one tastes better than the other. It's protien!!!!! Make surer it's the sugar free one, it still tastes really sweet ( at least to me it does). Congratulations and good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

tristak
on 11/30/11 11:32 am
I survived my Isopure phase by mixing it with equal parts isopure and the same flavor of crystal light (grape isopure/grape cyrstal light or fruit punch isopure/fruit punch crystal light).  I found it went down easiest served very cold with lots of ice. 

Find the ratio of isopure to crystal light that works for you.

Good luck!

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

prevsgcrys
on 11/30/11 11:42 am - OH
tried the blue rasberry tasted like a snowcone flavor...it was pretty good....i have a alpine punch in fridge ....dont really care how it tastes...lol at 1 oz or 2 @ a time....protein is all that matters i guess...lol

i bet the others are good but for the price ill be buying a few at a time
LollyOlly
on 11/30/11 11:43 am, edited 11/30/11 11:43 am - NJ
I purchased many different individual flavors before buying a case because I was afraid my taste would change if I went into ketosis early.  I found I liked Alpine Punch and apple melon before, but not so much after surgery.  Mango Peach seemed to be okay for me after.  People at the store say that Grape was the most liked or hated person to person and it was a thumbs down for me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 11:46 am - GA
Is isopure like a vitamin water but protein water instead? So it's not "thick" like a protein shake would be? Does this make any sense, LOL?
Stronger1
on 11/30/11 11:48 am - Charlotte, NC
Good idea to mix with crystal lite...I just bought some Alpine punch today.  Hated it!!!

KauaiLulu
on 11/30/11 12:14 pm - HI
 I completely agree with post above.  I am almost 4 months out and continue to drink the Isopure mixed with Crystal Light.  Alpine Punch w/ CL Punch.  It works for me and the amount of protein is worth it not tasting FANTASTIC but totally tolerable (as long as it is super cold on ice.)  Way better than shakes IMHO.

Best of Luck to you!

Lulu
Enjoying the journey......

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 12:54 pm
After nearly two weeks of only Isopure, the ONLY flavor I am not tired of is the grape.
D_love
on 11/30/11 1:54 pm
 lol everytime I opened a bottle and took a drink I would make a horrible face and my hubby would ask why the sour face it cant be that bad my reply would be "it tastes like death in a bottle";] But if I had to choose I would say the grape was most tolerable my nutritionist also said it was the one the patients most preferred;] Good luck I also hear the premier protein shakes from costco are really good!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views