Gallbladder!

Crystal M.
on 12/1/11 1:00 am - El Paso, TX
I had a couple of small gallstones before surgery; they showed up on an MRI about a year ago. I did not have any symptoms, so my surgeon didn't remove my gallbladder during the sleeve surgery.

This week I had an abdominal ultrasound (unrelated) and they saw my gallbladder was distended and one of the stones is getting large - 1.5 cm. I still don't have any symptoms, but I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time.

Any advice? Should I ask my doctor for a prescription to dissolve them (if there even is such a medication)? I know some people have gallstones and never develop any problems, but how likely is that?

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Laura2112
on 12/1/11 1:15 am - Austin, PA
 Worth asking for the actigall (SP?) and see if that helps, you got enough going on right now! 
I have stones and they have bothered me on and off for a few years, Doc is taking it out durring VSG.

Good Luck!

5'2" HW: 282.2 SW 247.80 
Crystal M.
on 12/1/11 1:40 am - El Paso, TX
I wanted my doc to remove it during my VSG surgery (I already knew I had stones) but he declined, since I had no symptoms.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

newme2011-2012
on 12/1/11 1:46 am
I had mine out with my surgery . I have had symptoms , but no stones. He said I just had sludge. I didn't want to end up having another surgery any time soon.
I hope you can get some medicine to help!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views