Afraid, please Help!

Sincereone72
on 11/30/11 8:46 am - OH

PAT tomorrow I am excited that this day has finally come. However, on the other end I am so SCARED of getting the sleeve. I don't want complications, don't want my family to go through it. I'm praying for faith, guidance and confidence. I called Barix in 2001 and the same thing happened....SCARED...then CANCELLED!

ducie77
on 11/30/11 8:53 am - TX
 Surgery can be a scary thing! But look at it as if you are allowing yourself another opportunity to live a healthier and happier life. I am having all kind of emotions right now...but I have Faith in God and know that He has never left me before and He never will! I pray for an increase in your faith! You deserve to live and trust God cause He never fails! You will do great! try not to worry
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
ChangingNow
on 11/30/11 8:54 am - OH
I was completely comfortable and had no reservations about having surgery at all.  And this was the first significant surgery I ever had.

If you're ready, you know it.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

Mom4Jazz
on 11/30/11 8:59 am
It is OK to be scared. It's normal. Not everyone is, but a lot of us are.

I was scared poopless. Cried the night before surgery. "Honey, am I doing the right thing?"

It's OK to be scared. Acknowledge the scared, but don't give in to it. The only way through scared is through it, and once you get it done you'll be on the road to a new you.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

cabcab
on 11/30/11 9:02 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Surgery can be scary.  I've had so many in my life that I don't really think twice about it, but I know that's not the same for everyone.  This is so important though and most of us got through it without any real complications.  But there is always a risk.  There is also a risk every time you get in your car to drive anywhere.  Don't let your fear of the surgery itself stop you.

Good luck tomorrow and keep us updated!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

grdn_grl
on 11/30/11 9:50 am
I'm nervous too, although I know it will be OK - still nervous I think for the lifestyle and physical changes that will take place.

Post when you can and try to breathe deeply!!!

Wendy
Debra P.
on 11/30/11 10:01 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 There is nothing to fear but fear itself.  

BethR311
on 11/30/11 10:49 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Face the fear and do it anyway.

In months of being active here, I have seen complications run from severe to none. Most run closer to none. The crapshoot element is scary. But I had tried to lose weight without surgery and couldn't. I thought my risks of complications from surgery were lower than my risks of diabetic complications. So far so good.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Sincereone72
on 11/30/11 11:57 am - OH
Thank you everyone for your reply. It's funny how I was going to cancel the PAT from fear but when I returned home, I got a wake up call.
I tried to increase my life insurance but a physical was required, I did not think nothing of it, because I am overall healthy. So I received the insurance reply in the mail today and they declined my increase due ton the following health issue: high cholesterol and me being obese. Because of denial it made me think differently of the upcoming surgery. I will do it because I don't want another denial, I want to be around to show that I can be healthy for me and my family. That letter has changed my mind extremely, I don't want a denial for something I'm trying to do for my kids, if I leave this world.
Samantha H.
on 11/30/11 6:21 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I am absolutely terrified. The only time I have been in the hospital is for a few hours in the ER when I had kidney stones! Now, not only do I have to get cut on for the first time, I have to sleep away from my husband and dogs (yes, they are my kids and are that important to me!), and I will be in a foreign place with unfamiliar people all around me.

However, it is either face that for 2 days or face a lifetime of complications related to being overweight. I certainly know which option I am choosing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views