I could live on samples!

Crystal M.
on 12/2/11 10:23 am - El Paso, TX
I went to the mall today with my mom. It was 3:00 PM and we were both hungry, so we headed to the food court, planning to share a plate.  As we went past an Asian food restaurant, we were offered samples of chicken on toothpicks. I ate three samples and guess what? I was full and my poor mom had to eat her meal alone. LOL

NSV: I bought bangle bracelets! I've always loved bangles and used to wear them a lot when I was thinner, but haven't been able to get them on over my hands until I lost 60+ lbs.

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Sleeva
on 12/2/11 10:58 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
You go girl!
Patricia M.
on 12/2/11 3:49 pm
 Funny! Is your surgery recent? I ask because at first I would get full with almost nothing. Now I eat a lot more. Not compared to pre surgery but more than at first.

I used to live in El Paso. The hardest thing after going back is that I could not eat Chicos Tacos!

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 7:56 pm - NY
 Hiya P:
I am 1.5 yrs post single incision ( belly button only) VGS. I have 15lbs to go. I'm hoping that what some doctors say about single incision VGS's isn't true: that the top of the sleeve tissue ( upper pouch) expands with a single incision method. But I am starting to believe, like everything else, with time, stomach tissue stretches, and we can tolerate more food. We are basically healed and the free ride is kinda over...now it's time for real exercise and, once again...A  modified healthy diet ( lower carbs, smaller portions again...etc...good luck!)
Crystal M.
on 12/3/11 1:32 am - El Paso, TX
I'm a few days less than 3 months post-op.

Unlike most El Pasoans, I'm not a huge Chico's fan. I can eat there once or twice a year, but I just don't see what the big deal is about. Maybe that's because I'm not from here. I'm a transplanted Yankee (Minnesota) and what I DO miss is White Castles.

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views