preppin pre-op list....

karenbarb
on 12/6/11 8:17 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
hey guys, i am being sleeved right after the holidays.....i would like to use my christmas money..lol...to start to get all of the things that i will need after my surg....i do know that i loved the walmart choc. whey protein, when i was first banded so that is def. on my list along with a new powerful blender....sooo what kind of blender do u have and what else do i need or will i need post op...thanks and i love love this forum and all of my future sleeve family ;)

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

landdnurse2
on 12/6/11 8:35 pm - Midwest City, OK
I like my ninja.
Talmani
on 12/6/11 8:53 pm - Phoenixville, PA
I have just a normal blender and a small cuiseart (sp?) admittedly I have not broken them out for food yet - I am still on liquids. But the one thing that I wish I had looked for earlier was liquid Tylenol for adults. I can't find it anywhere and it is backordered at Amazon. I wish I had looked for that. Good luck!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
julesGA
on 12/6/11 10:19 pm - Brunswick, GA
After looking all over for liquid Tylenol I finally asked a pharmacist about it.  He said Tylenol pulled all of the adult liquid off the market due to some kind of problem with the manufacturing or storage process.  I ended up buying the Junior meltaways and they worked fine.  I had to use 4 to make a full dose.  I only needed them for a few days anyway so it was no problem at all.  

Talmani
on 12/6/11 10:33 pm - Phoenixville, PA
Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find the melt aways.
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
HogRider
on 12/6/11 8:56 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I have a Magic Bullet. Careful on stocking up, your tastes may change.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
dec721
on 12/6/11 11:22 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Don't buy much stuff, as the above poster said.  Your tastes may change dramatically.  And I bought a Magic Bullet and used it some, but I prefered the ready to drink shakes -- Slimfast Low Carb, EAS, and Atkins.  I got sick to death of mixing that darn powder ... but that's just me; I'm lazy in the kitchen. 

I'd suggest getting a box or two of good quality, organic chicken broth for the clear liquids phase.  Canned broth is foul.  The broth was a nice change from all the sweet stuff.

Best wishes!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

P_B
on 12/7/11 12:08 am, edited 12/7/11 12:09 am - Norfolk, VA
I purchases $100 in unjury 'and here I am 10 days post op and I hate the crap. So just get sample packs for now trust me it hurts to see all that protein sitting there on the counter.

It was suggested to me gasx strips but my dr wouldn't let me use them in the hospital, and I havnt even opened the box.

Chapstick immediatly post op was my friend since I had to wait 24 hours for my leak test. And couldn't have anything by mouth till I was cleared for no leaks

And a book, magazine, iPad or nook for when you arent walking the halls.

I have a blender and food processor havnt used them yet

Oh a food scale! I get mine for Christmas since I'll start solids right after. Target had a nice one for around $30

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views