One week check up and my first NSV!

RPrice85
on 12/8/11 2:34 am - MI
So I had my one week check up with my NUT and surgeon yesturday and both were pleased with my progress so far. Just have to work on upping my protein and fluid intake, but they said that was completely normal for only being a week out and I was doing pretty good. I have lost 9lbs since surgery and a total of 44lbs to date. So my friend brought me some smaller clothes over that didn't fit her anymore and since yesturday was my first day out since my surgery I decided to put a pair of jeans on...well for the heck of it I thought I would try on a pair of the jeans my friend brought me and guess what? They FIT!! I was so excited...I have now gone from a size 22 to a size 18 and I can see that I will quickly be getting out of those..lol It feels so great and is super exciting to see such great results at such an early point. I hope this success continues cause I LOVE it! I feel bad for my fiance cause he already has his hands all over me and is excited to get back to being intimate again...lol! I am excited as well, but just holding off for a little while longer. I am still tender, though I feel so much better with that stupid drain out. I am down to only taking my pain meds at night which is good and I am starting to get back to normal life...cooking for my family, started doing light chores, and as long as things go well the next week I should be starting back to work Dec 17th...about 2 1/2 weeks after surgery! Oh, another NSV is that my engagement ring is about to fall off already...lol So I think we are going to buy some fake cheap rings til I get to goal cause I don't want to have to go with out a ring on my finger and continue to resize my ring every month...lol
5'5" 26yrs old HW:288, SW:253, CW:225; Lost 35lbs pre-op, Mo1: 21lbs

Chris Waffle
on 12/8/11 2:38 am - Cypress, CA
Congrats! It sounds like you are off to an awesome start!

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

kimbethin
on 12/8/11 2:45 am - CA
Isn't it great to go to the doctor's office and not be afraid of the scale?  I think your plan for the rings is a good one.  keeps up the good work.  This is such a fun ride!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
karenmac3
on 12/8/11 3:35 am - Dunlap, IL
not sure if you have Lia Sophia in your parts, but they're great for inexpensive but nice looking costume stuff. The best part? If you don't like something (or, it doesn't fit any more), you can send it back and ask for the next size down for something like $3 ( http://www.liasophia.com/regional/returns-exchanges ) Keep up the amazing work! I'm still in shock with my progress too!
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

Sara R.
on 12/8/11 4:18 am
OMG!!! :) im so happy for you!! im just now starting my preop diet and hearing wonderful stories like yours helps me stay focused.

thanks for sharing!
RPrice85
on 12/8/11 11:15 am - MI
Thank you everyone and Karen I do have people who sell Lia Sophia jewlery in the area so I might have to check that out. Sarah I am glad I can help ease your mind a little. That's what this site is for encouragement and support team! I wish you luck with your up coming surgery and I know you will be just fine. I will be about a month ahead of you, so if you have any questions or need someone to talk to you can feel free to send a friend request and I will try to help you to the best of my knowledge.
5'5" 26yrs old HW:288, SW:253, CW:225; Lost 35lbs pre-op, Mo1: 21lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views