Stalled Weight

monicav
on 12/10/11 4:12 am - UT
I had surgery 11/5/11. I have lost a total of 25 lbs since but I have hit a stall for like two weeks now. I must say, I am not taking my vitamins because I throw them up everytime I do. :( Am I doing something wrong? What is the reason why the body stops loosing weight? I am eating no more than 1 to 2 oz each meal. I have been staying away from junk food, soda, sugars, etc. as well. Any suggestions on what I should do to begin loosing the weight again? HELP!
newme2011-2012
on 12/10/11 4:18 am
It will happen.. don't stress.
I had surgery on the 10th of Nov. Lost 8 right away stayed the same for 11 days then lost 9 now I have been the same for 8 days. Just waiting for the drop again. Only eating so few calories there is NO WAY NOT to lose!!!
Hang in there.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

monicav
on 12/10/11 4:23 am - UT
It is frustrating because we are eating WAAAAYYYY less calories than what we did before our surgery. I want to think that my body is still adjusting to this surgery. :(
2hip
on 12/10/11 2:02 pm
VSG on 11/22/11 with
Julie, I'm not the OP but thank you for posting this.  I was sleeved Nov 22 and had already dropped a fast 24 lbs the month pre-op.  I lost 8 lbs the first week or so after surgery, and now I have been the same for sure for about 10 days.  I am glad to hear that things started moving for you, because right now I feel like the only person with a sleeve who will not lose weight.  I started keeping track on myfitnesspal.com, and it's helping.  But yeah as soon as I started to eat anything resembling real food (and not crystal light and broth!) the weight loss came to a dead stop.  :(
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
Pre-op Month: -26lbs  Month 1: -14lbs  Month 2: -9lbs  Month 3: -8lbs
kimbethin
on 12/10/11 5:42 am, edited 12/9/11 5:48 pm - CA
Stalls happen. It can be your body adjusting to such big changes. I use stalls a a checkpoint. Look at what you have really been eating, are you on plan? Have "tastes" of off plan items snuck in and built up? Are you drinking enough fluids? How about exercise? Are you getting enough? If you really are doing your best with all of these things, just hang in there and the weight loss will come. Check you measurements too. A lot of us notice lost inches even when the scale seems stuck. Try to find vitamins you can tolerate without throwing up. If I take them in the morning, I sometimes fell nauseous, but I feel better when I take them at night. Good luck.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
susanraywilliams
on 12/10/11 8:45 am
You're only a month out. You are at the time when you are incorporating new foods into your diet I'm sure. It's normal. Like a previous post, don't stress. It will come off! Hang in there and have a blessed one!!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

thisbe777
on 12/10/11 9:50 am
 go to the search bar above and type in "week 3 stall"....  and you will find that you are not doing anything wrong, you're right on schedule, it is almost a guarantee that you will hit a stall at this point in your recovery...

breathe in, breathe out, you are doing FINE....  

as far as your vitamins are concerned, you may have to try different kinds until you find one that works for you....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

rhearob
on 12/10/11 10:01 am - TN
 I also noticed little stalls along the way and questioned it.  My nutritionist talked me through it.  I notice that I have a regular pattern, I will lose a few pounds, it will stall for a day or two, then I will lose again.  Doing my own research and listening to my nutritionist I came to understand this is totally normal.

The important thing is not to see the weight drop every day, but the overall downward trend.  If I feel demotivated from a stall, I take it as a challenge and do something a little radical - change-up my workout (add a new exercise, excercise longer, etc), substitute a shake for an extra meal, etc.  

I have seen other advice on people about using diet changes to break a stall.  At Stage III I dont think i'd try those yet.

The main thing to remember is don't stress.  What you are feeling is normal.  What you are going through is normal.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views