Week 13 (puking)

b_scene33
on 12/13/11 11:39 am - OH
Anyone close to my time out, get sick alot?
I'm just wondering, I try and eat slow, I feel like I chew well, but generally about once a week, I;m hunched over the toliet bowl, either getting sick or fighting it to the point of exhaustion...
Tonight for example, I was having a snack, a slice of brie cheese, I generally serve myself 1 oz, so i got my normal size (btw no previous issues with any type of cheese, ecspecially not Brie), but 3 bites in , i dont suddenly feel full, I suddenly am in pain, and you know how the rest of the story goes. MY dr asked me at my last check up how much i got sick, and i told him sometimes once a week, but i would gues every other week.
I can't eat very much no matter, im about1 oz on soft and a little under on dense protiens, so i know he was disapointed thats i cant eat more, but he didnt seem alarmed i and puking so much.

i love my sleeve, dont get me wrong-but lately things have been going kinda rough, I can't ever go to the bathroom (TMI, i know sorry, I take fiber pills and add fiber to my water bc i cant eat enough to eat protien and fiber in one sitting) I am soo tired, so drained, i just want to eat so i get some energy, but i can't. Im not drinking or eating enough, so i kind feel like its probably my fault i feel so bad, bc i cant get to my minimums...
Anyways, all i wanted to ask was abou the getting sick, btu i got ramblely.
Sorry!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

emdesq
on 12/13/11 11:55 am
I'm six days ahead of you and still regularly get sick after eating. Generally I find that this happens when I eat too fast, but try as I might, I cannot tolerate chicken at all.  It always makes me sick.  I also have problems with scrambled eggs.  After eating, I get that tight feeling in my throat, I can feel that the food isn't going down, and I am forced to vomit it back up.  Some foods I tolerate just fine - beef, shrimp, fish, fried eggs, deli meats, turkey meatballs and all liquids.  I'm back to protein shakes for two meals a day, just so I can get to my protein minimums.  I don't know if it'll be like this forever, I certainly hope not.....

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 11:56 am - GA
I just want you to knw I'm praying you feel better and that your doctor can find root cause of what's going on. (((HUGS)))
lucy2e
on 12/13/11 11:58 am - Laurel, MD
Wow -sorry you are going thru that.  That was not my normal - I've only thrown up a few times since surgery 6 mo ago, and that was from vitamins...

Some people do develop lactose intolerance after surgery.  I'm guessing the #2 isn't happening because you are getting in so little.  

Is your doctor going to scope you - I wonder if you could have a stricture (a spot where your sleeve gets too narrow). 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

DJNICKL
on 12/13/11 12:45 pm
 i was the same way ,, take your time,, give your new stomach time to heal .. i was throwing up once a week for about 3 or 4 months  stick to protins shakes i am 6 months out now and all is well
wanttobehalfofme
on 12/14/11 12:05 am - MI
I spent the first four months puking my way through it. I ended up going back in twice for dilation's because I had a stricture. Did your Dr check out that possibility? Did he give you something for the nausea?  I was put on Levsin. I was told I was one of the lucky ones with that complication and it would get better. I am now at  my 11 month and it did get better still have a little nausea off and on. I also take a stool softener with a little laxative in it because I get constipated. Don't get discourage just tell yourself I will get through this. I would call the Dr though and tell I can't keep puking like this because basically your aren't getting your nutrition. I still have a little trouble with dense protein and usually sits like lead or i feel like I am going to puke.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views