Rash on Arm - Need Help...Maybe Ketosis?

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 12/13/11 11:16 am

I am almost 2 months post op and since about a month out I have developed a nasty rash on the tops of my forearms. It looks like small red bumps not blisters. It ITCHES like crazy to the point of bleeding. I don't have any history of rashes or skin issues and haven't changed laundry soap. I have put all creams, hydrocortizone, steroid cream, lotions etc. on it and nothing helps.

What could it possibly be? I researched the symptoms on webmd and looked at all of the common skin rashes/conditions and it didn't seem to "jive" with any of them.

I was noticing that I kind of stink. I shower everyday but my breath stinks, my pee stinks etc. I read this was a symptom of being in ketosis. Has anyone experienced a similar rash during ketosis (grasping at straws here). Thanks for your help!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 11:30 am
Jessica O.
on 12/13/11 11:37 am - Ann Arbor, MI

I got a really weird rash on my legs (sometimes traveled up to my arms and stomach) at the end of summer when I gained some weight really fast..  It itched like crazy!  My doctor gave me some steriod cream and said it must have been an allergic reaction to something but like you, I had done nothing different.  After months it's finally gone but I have some scars where I itched so bad.   

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

SleeveRockn Chic
on 12/13/11 12:37 pm
Wow that looks like the rash I have been developing.  I have been on meds from dermatoligist and Allergist.  They say the rash is hives but to what who knows.  Nothing in my live have changed well except for the surgery.  Lol would figure if my body was  allergic to the surgery lol.  Anywho mine goes all over and just shows up in one spot then disappears to other.  Even goes on face, ughhh I hate when that happens cause I think ppl are staring at me like what's wrong with her.  I can't believe others are experiencing kinda the same thing.  One if it has to do with surgery.  Maybe as the body rids of toxins it triggers antihistamines that causes hives.  Be nice to finally figure this thing out.  Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Jessica O.
on 12/13/11 12:41 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
 I started getting the rash in July/August.  It was cleared up by the end of October.  I had surgery in November.  I have no idea what it was. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 10:04 pm - Joliet, IL
Have you considered excema.  It really looks like it to me.
Jessica O.
on 12/13/11 10:59 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
 I've never had exema before.  My doctor said it was an allergic reaction to something even though I hadn't changed anything.  But maybe my doctor was wrong.  I don't know but I'm glad it's finally gone.

precious_diamond38
on 12/13/11 10:12 pm - VA
I TOO HAVE A RASH BEHIND MY KNEES ... AND I KEPT THINKING WHAT N THE WORLD IS GOING ON ... IVE PUT ALL KINDS OF STUFF ON IT LAST NITE I PUT BABY POWDER ON IT THAT KIND OF HELPED ... WHEN I SEE MY PCP I WILL ASK HIM FOR SOMETHING ..
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 2:46 am - Woodbridge, VA
I've never heard of a rash as a symptom of ketosis. However, stinky breath and urine and dry skin (which is often itchy) can all also be symptoms of dehydration.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views