Almost halfway to goal! and question about carb& calorie guidelines - 4months out.

Ashley O.
on 12/13/11 1:23 pm
Ahh! I just got on the scale for the first time in like two weeks, and i'm down five pounds.. I had been losing only about a pound aweek for a few weeks.. but i lost five pounds since i got a gym membership like 10 days ago.. awesome.

Anyways, i'll be four months out in a few days.. My surgeon never gave me exact calorie/carb limits... just portion and suggestions..

Curious as to about how many carbs/calories everyone is eating or had been consuming at around four months out.

Also, wish me luck.. I'm going to test for my GED tomorrow.. Finally! Then i'll be able to start college in January. Awesome. (:

Life is good. But yeah. if anyone has any more specific guidelines, that'd be much appreciated. (:

-Ashley.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

kimbethin
on 12/13/11 1:59 pm - CA
Hi- glad your are doing so well- good luck with the GED!  I try to keep carbs below 40/day and I hate to say it out loud but I don't count calories- but I am aware of the calories of what I eat.  I keep each meal under 250.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Jerilynk75
on 12/13/11 8:46 pm, edited 12/13/11 8:51 pm - TX
I'm also getting close to the four-month mark (that will be the 24th of this month).

I can tell you that I consume around 600 calories per day (plus or minus 50****ep my protein above 80g per day and I also keep the carbs as low as possible. I would love to get below 20g of carbs, but it just doesn't happen for me - because my vitamins/calcium by themselves contain 16g of carbs! I am usually able to keep it to 25-30g, though.

And, the biggie (with me). Liquids. I drink at least 100oz of water every single day. No exceptions. I have found that when I don't do it...I plateau or even gain! I am definitely a stair-step loser - - and all it takes for me to stop losing is increasing my sodium intake and/or decreasing my water intake.

While my surgeon would LOVE for me to get away from supplementation - - I actually still prefer to get part of my protein from a morning smoothie or part of it from a protein drink (I drink Cytomax - - I dilute it 50/50 with water - - and drink on it throughout the day - - so I get 40oz of protein that way....and ensure I am getting more water in, too!) Plus, with that drink - I don't have to worry about the dreaded carbs!

Ashley O.
on 12/14/11 1:11 am
Thanks both of you (:

I've been keeping the carbs under 45 and calories under 700.. i'll try to tighten that up a little bit.

I'm having some issueswith the liquids.. I can drink a 16oz bottle in ten minutes, no problem.. I just always forgetto..I don't get nearly enough.. Which i think is probably why I'vebeen losing a lot slower than expected.

thanks again. (:
-ashley.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

vacationlover
on 12/14/11 2:17 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views