I am starting on puréed foods today!

Talmani
on 12/13/11 9:22 pm - Phoenixville, PA
I am finally starting on my program's stage 3 puréed foods! I am excited and plan on yogurt for my first breakfast. I hope I have enough options so I don't get bored.

I also have to start not drinking 15 mins before and an hour after eating- yay eating and not drinking!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Nicole
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
hermio
on 12/13/11 9:55 pm
My stage 2 has yogurt and mashed potatoes etc. I move to stage 3 in 2 weeks but cannot see much difference in the stages from the documentation.

Anyway - Take it slow..I literally just licked the spoon. My 1st meal (mashed instant potatoes) I ate a teaspoon. 2nd meal (1% cottage cheese) chewed to oblivion, I ate 1 tsp.

It has taken me 4 days to get up to 3 teaspoons but keep in mind the soft pureed etc foods are kinda sliders and go down easily.

I stopped at the first hint of either full or hickup, or burp.

MY surgeon told me yesterday the 30 min before and hour after eating to drink is guidelines because of washing the food directly into the intestines. She said to at least wait 1/2 hr after eating to drink.

Good luck and enjoy that yogurt! (keep some plastic wrap handy to put the remainder in the fridge!!!

1st Goal 225      2nd Goal  200     3rd Goal 180   Trying 1st = 3 mo    2nd = 6mo   3rd = 1yr  GW 180

Dec 5,  2011 VSG,    5'7" Male,     HW 320,     SW 276,     CW 235,     GW 190
Loss by Doc Visit 1mo=18   3mo= 26   6mo=??  
BigDaddysLittleMomm
a

on 12/13/11 11:36 pm - Bryan, TX
My nutritionist also has me on the 30/30 rule - no drinks 30 minutes prior to,no drinks during and no drinks for 30 minutes after the meal.

Also, stages are slightly different:

Stage 1 (day 1 after surgery - 2 weeks post-op):  LIQUIDS ONLY - protein shakes, water, Crystal Light, broth, decaf tea/coffee, sugar-free ice pops, Carnation instant breakfast shakes, diluted fruit juices, any sugar-free non-carbinated drink, sugar free jell-o, , etc.

Stage 2 (starting 2 weeks post-op, continuing for 2 weeks):  "MUSHIES" - yogurts, applesauces, SF puddings, peanut butter, pureed fruits, mashed (VERY MASHED) potatoes, turkey blended w/broth, reduced fat creamed soups (strained), frozen yogurt, cottage chese, egg substitute (pureed), pureed beans, oatmeal/Cream of Wheat (as long as it's pureed), etc.

Stage 3 (starting 4 weeks from surgery):  Still avoiding rice, bread and pasta!  Reintroduction of "regular" foods as tolerated, remembering to choose healthy items (SF) and remembering to consume your protein first!
Don't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog!    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views