Last night I dreamed of chicken...

Stronger1
on 12/14/11 11:49 am - Charlotte, NC
I'm still on full liquids and I'm having food dreams.  Seriously...I fantasize about it all the time right now.  I dreamed I ate a chicken wing and then started on another one before I realized I'm not supposed to be eating chicken yet.  I'm not hungry...I just need something other than protein shakes and water and broth and crystal lite and jello.  I think constantly about food right now.  And I have fixated on chicken.  I was sick to death of chicken before I had surgery, but now I'll take it any way I can get it...I think that will be my first real food...chicken...probably rotisserie. 
Just needed to get that out.

scorp2413
on 12/14/11 11:58 am - orchard park, NY
I had the same types of dreams when I was on liquids after surgery. I remember running around saying OMG I can't eat that! Then i would wake up with he feeling that I ate something I should not have eaten.

Stronger1
on 12/14/11 12:32 pm - Charlotte, NC
I know!! I almost felt like I'd actually done it!! I'm supposed to start purees tomorrow...so hopefully things will get better...
vacationlover
on 12/14/11 7:56 pm
doggz109
on 12/14/11 8:47 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I love chicken too.....I'm just worried that it will take a long time for me to be able to eat it after surgery since lots of people say it is one of the hardest meats to re introduce.  Lots of sauce I guess!
Stronger1
on 12/15/11 6:57 am - Charlotte, NC
Update...saw my doc for 2 week followup appt and I am now on purees!! Immediately came home and made a teaspoon of refried beans with taco sauce...my own little mexican heaven!!
kangajb
on 12/16/11 6:22 am - Lynn, MA
I have been having those dreams, too!! I dream I'll be making dinner or whatever and I'll try a bite to see how it is. Then I realize what I am doing and run to the trash to spit it out! I am so glad to hear I am not the only one. I am still on full liquids until Tuesday and haven't cheated once post-op even though there was once that truly tested my control. My sister made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with Cinnabon filling!!! The *****! I just wanted to pick up the pan and lick the drippings, never mind the buns themselves! It felt awesome that I was actually able to resist.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views