GALLBLADDER OUT!!!

specialone
on 12/20/11 8:20 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
HI OH FAMILY, I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED MONDAY AND CAME HOME TUESDAY. I'M DOING OK BUT I GOTA BE HONEST, THE FIRST DAY OUT OF SURGERY WAS HELL. I WAS THINKING, DO I REALLY WANT TO GET THE VERTICAL SLEEVE AND GO THROUGH THIS PAIN. MONDAY MY ANSWER WOULD HAVE BEEN HELL NO, BUT TODAY IT IS HELL YES!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
Kimmes
on 12/20/11 8:47 pm
I had mine out on Monday Dec 12th so I am a little over a week out from GB removal - so glad I did it! Wish they had done it when I had my VSG in January - but now its gone and I feel so much better! Best wishes on a fast recovery.

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

PrettyEyes_41
on 12/20/11 10:58 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
The surgeon I went to see told me that having my gallbladder out was a more extensive surgery than the sleeve. I had it out 3 years ago and the pain before and after was excruciating. Now I know that this surgery is not going to be a picnic and I expect pain but as long as it's not more than what I had with the GB surgery I know I can make it through it.
specialone
on 12/20/11 11:36 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12

THANKS SO MUCH KIMMES AND PRETTY EYES. A FEW PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE GALLBLADDER REMOVAL IS A MORE PAINFULL RECOVERY THAN THE SLEEVE, I WAS GLAD TO HEAR THAT. BECAUSE WITH THE WAY I'M FEELING, I WOULDN'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS PAIN AGAIN. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU BOTH!!!!

George B.
on 12/21/11 12:10 am - Miami, FL
Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

mawmawpenny
on 12/21/11 12:17 am - LA
Glad to hear you are feeling better. My vsg was also easier than my gall bladder surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Penny
Foxbins
on 12/21/11 12:36 am
Chiming in to say that the first 36 hours after I came home from gallbladder surgery on 11/30 was WAY more painful than the VSG.  I figured, when they take out most of your stomach, that should hurt a lot compared to a little bag of bile and crud, but NO!  However, I started feeling better pretty quick and was back to normal after about 10 days.  Hoping your recovery goes well, too.
specialone
on 12/21/11 1:40 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12

THANKS GEORGE B, MAWMAWPENNY, AND FOXBINS, I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S POST. I'M SO GREATFULL TO MY OH FAMILY FOR ALL THEIR SUPPORT!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 2:11 am
My VSG surgery was soooooo much easier than my GB removal a year and a half ago! I hurt so terribly after the GB removal. After the GB surgery, my VSG was almost like a spa day at the hospital. LOL - OK, so not exactly a spa day, but sooooo much easier.
specialone
on 12/21/11 2:17 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
LOL!!!! THANK YOU KAIRK!!!!! READING THESE POST REALLY MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!!! I THOUGHT THE GALLBLADDER SURGERY WAS GOING TO BE EASY, BOY WAS I WRONG. I'M GLAD TO HEAR FROM MY OH FAMILY THAT THE SLEEVE IS MUCH EASIER!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views