Is this normal???

ladyshai27
on 12/22/11 10:25 am - SC
 I have tried to drink some protein shake and pudding today. They both went straight through me. I mean with in ten minutes I was on the potty. Is that normal or is it something I should worry about. Im four days out from my surgery. HELP !
ruggie
on 12/22/11 10:32 am - Sacramento, CA
Everything is pretty crazy your first week, maybe even second.  Your shake is not literally going through the entire span of your digestive system in only 10 minutes; it's likely to be a coincidence.  But a LOT of people are runny after surgery.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

VeronicaJ5
on 12/22/11 10:36 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Yeah you probably haven't pooped in days and it made you burble and poop, that is a good sign your intestines are working!
ladyshai27
on 12/22/11 10:39 am - SC
Thanks I was getting worried 
IndyVSG74
on 12/22/11 10:59 am - IN
Liquid in, liquid out. It will probably persist for a while until you're able to eat some denser foods. As some other posters have said, if you think you might have to pass gas, you might not want to do it too far from the bathroom.
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

USAF Wife
on 12/22/11 11:07 am
Also, you can develop lactose intolerance post-VSG. I did, and it never truly resolved completely.

Whey protein is a milk based product so you could be intolerant to them as well. I developed both post-VSG. Whey protein intolerance is still in full effect, lactose intolerance has resolved to some extent. I could eat cheese and yogurts, but milk and other heavy milk fat foods went right through me.

It is true for the liquids in, liquids out thing post-op, but if it persists, it could be intolerances.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/11 11:32 am
TMI but, I'm about 10-11 days out and I JUST stopped having that happen about 2 days ago and it was extreme to the point where I was having to RUN to public restrooms and I NEVER use public restrooms, EVER. And then I had to just stay home because it would be an all day thing where I had to get to the bathroom within seconds. Well, now it's the opposite problem. Nothing is moving (2 days) and I felt so bloated and horrible that I had to take milk of magnesia! The grass is always greener I guess. These little baby stomachs go crazy I guess! I still haven't transitioned from liquids either! 

The person who told me "don't trust a fart" was NOT playing!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views