Trader Joe's "21 Seasoning Salute"

KSqtpie
on 12/26/11 7:59 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
YUMMMMMM!! I received this fabulous salt-free seasoning blend in my stocking yesterday and I had to share. It's delicious! Yes, I am 32 and still get excited about the contents of the stockings my mom sets out for us "kids" every year. Haha.

Onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, mustard, coriander, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato granules, lemon juice powder and oil of lemon.

Sooooo yummy on eggs this morning. Tonight I am adding this to my chicken marinade! enjoy!
lmreadynow
on 12/26/11 8:22 am
 Can you believe l have this in the cupboard but haven't tried it?!   l guess l really didn't know what to try it on. Thank you!! And enjoy!  Big Boy seasoning and Lawry's is my favorite on eggs and cottage cheese, but l'm game for new flavors!!.

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
KSqtpie
on 12/26/11 8:29 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Definitely try it on eggs! It can be used in all kinds of marinades and vinaigrettes too. I am still preop, but I am trying new things that will serve as tasty/healthy alternatives for after surgery. This is sooo much better than salt!
lmreadynow
on 12/26/11 10:24 am
 l will!  Thank you !!!  Have you checked out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface yet?  She (Shelly) has an AWESOME site full of recipes and tips.  l've made the ricotta bake (tastes like lasagna minus the noodles) and the orange/cranberry muffins (no flour,  made with protein powder!)  - exceptional!!  

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
sleevegirl
on 12/26/11 10:57 am - Austin, TX
I've never been to Trader Joes, but I hear such good things. We REALLY need one here in Austin! Sounds AWESOME.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ruggie
on 12/26/11 11:05 am - Sacramento, CA
That sounds great! 

I haven't tried that yet, but I've tried a similiar product from Whole Foods called Spike.  Salt-free, made of a bunch of vegetables.  I love it on salads and in soups.  Careful, it comes in high-salt and salt-free forms.

From Amazon:  link

Ingredients:  Defatted soy, onion, orange crystals, nutritional yeast, garlic, celery, dill, horseradish, lemon peel, mustard, orange peel, parsley, white pepper, turmeric, green and red bell peppers, rosehips, summer savory mushroom, safflower, coriander, fenugreek, basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme, tarragon, cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper, cloves, spinach, rosemary, cinnamon, paprika, tomato.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

KSqtpie
on 12/26/11 11:09 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks! I will check that one out too. My sister works at Whole Foods, so I will make her get me some. Horray for discounts! (Shhh...nobody tell her I went to Trader Joe's...they're the enemy..haha)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views