ff refried beans with melted cheese = PUREED?????

SleevedLife
on 12/26/11 8:21 am
Oh, thank you for sharing that!  That makes me think I can do the same with these vegetarian meat balls that I love.  They are nice and soft, so they should blend well.  

Did you use fresh shredded parmesan or was it that powdered kind that kraft (and others) sell in shakers?

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

dittodotv
on 12/26/11 10:24 am
It was just a little bit of the powdered kind in a shaker bottle - it gave it great flavor! I'm going to have that tomorrow, come to think of it!! 

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

SleevedLife
on 12/26/11 10:41 am
Yum!  I thought the powered kind would probably be safer, so thanks for clarifying that.  I'm definitely going to try this in a few days.  Thank you!

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

roxann
on 12/26/11 9:20 am - chanute, KS
i got the sleeve 9 days ago i gave only lost 5lbs seems like everyone loses faster then i am what could i be doing wrong? im still on full liquid i have been dringing unsweeten tea and protien shakes called total lean they have 25gms protien and nothing much of anything else. i also have a diet gatorade about every other day.
SleevedLife
on 12/26/11 9:47 am
5 pounds in 9 days is great, really!   When I was one week out, I had only lost 1/2 a pound!  The reason?  They pump you full of fluids in the hospital, and it takes a while to lose it.   The week after that I dropped 10 lbs in 7 days.  So I just had to get that fluid out of my system before I saw any serious progress on the scale.

Also, if you lost a lot of weight before surgery, it tends to come off slower.

I know it is SO HARD to not compare yourself to others, but trust me... don't!  Our bodies are all different and we all have different cir****tances that may allows us to lose weight faster or slower.  Just do your best to follow the "rules" of the sleeve, exercise once you are cleared, and weight loss will follow.

I think you are off to a great start!

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

roxann
on 12/26/11 10:20 am - chanute, KS
that makes me fill better, i have been worried that this surgery aint going to work for me and i just through away my stomache for nothing.....
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views