Worried

emdesq
on 12/27/11 8:18 am, edited 12/27/11 8:18 am
I agree with all of the earlier posters. At the VERY LEAST, you need to get on a high-protein, low-carb & low-fat diet right away. I also agree that starting on the protein drinks now is a great way to transition to your new lifestyle.  For me, they became a staple and were/are a really convenient way to approach breakfast and lunch. I still do at least one a day, and usually two on weekdays.  I have never been a soda drinker, but I didn't stop caffeine until a few days prior to surgery, then cut it out completely for two months afterward. Now I only have an occasional coffee, and honestly, I don't miss it.  I think slow modifications in the months and weeks prior to surgery is the best way to go.

Good luck to you!!  

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
Ashley H.
on 12/27/11 10:55 pm - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thanks everyone so much!  this really helps.  I wish there was a support group here in my town so I could get all this support.  My husband is supportive of the surgery but no on board about me switching all the food around on him.  So for now I have to cook two meals, but I know I can make it thru this.  I WANT this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views