Bye bye 400's hopefully forever..

amberkokette
on 12/28/11 1:22 pm
VSG on 06/28/12
 Well after having the flu for 2 days I have reached my the weight I wanted to be before new years.. My goal was to be below 400 and I am at 399.2 this morning.. I have lost 34 pounds in about 9 weeks. This is just mostly changing my eating habits, portion control, etc. Now I need to get my ass moving. Exercise really isn't FUN at 400+ pounds.. I bought my own treadmill and we got Zumba DVD's to do at home as well as Just Dance 3 for the Xbox, medicine ball and a kettle ball.. I just need to do it.. 

My insurance requires 6 months of supervised weight loss before surgery and I have completed 2 months of that as of 1-1-12. Hopefully I will lose another 3-5 pound by when I see the dietitian on the 3rd. The surgeon says she wants me to lose 52 total before surgery which I know that I can do I just need to exercise.

I honestly just want this time to go by faster. I want this so bad and know that this is what I need to do. I already feel so much better losing just 34 pounds. I am just so much happier already. Sorry if I am rambling I just feel like I need to put everything I am feeling down. 

I am sick of food. I hate thinking about it and if I could just drink liquids all day it would be so much easier to not have to think about. I think it is worse now because I am on winter break from college and have more time to sit and think about it. My goal is to scrapbook and read while I am on break to try and occupy my mind a bit more as well as exercise. Anyone have any ideas about work out plan/structure. What kind of rewards do you do for yourself when you reach a goal?? Help please.. any info is appreciated. Thanks all.. 

Heighest weight: 433.5, Pre surgery weight 383.5 

VegasLAbound
on 12/28/11 7:52 pm - Cleveland, OH
Great job keep up the good work. It doesn't get easier but stay on the boards and make yourself accountable for everything you eat. Good luck.
Terry H.
on 12/28/11 8:17 pm
Great job Amber.  Speaking from experience, seeming 400 in the rearview mirror was a really big deal!  I've been happy enough so far that the goals themselves were pretty much enough without a reward.  For my upcoming ones though I'm planning clothes buying and active vacations.  I figure that rewarding myself with a demonstration of the better health that goals represent is better than my old food-based reward system. Fishing trips, spa days with my wife buying a bike, snorkeling and SCUBA are on the docket as I get further out.  Hope those suggestions help.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

Deborah F.
on 12/29/11 12:23 am - MI

I started my procedure 3-08-11 and started at 429. I am now at 278 and still losing about an average of  2 lbs week. I feel GREAT and for once I feel I control me and not the food controlling me. You can do it. I love my VSG!

amberkokette
on 12/29/11 1:12 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 Wow you are doing awesome.. so how much did you have to lose before surgery?? How long was your process before surgery? 

MyOwnSunshine
on 12/29/11 12:48 am
Hopefully?  What do you mean, hopefully?

Kiss those 400s goodby and plan on doing the same for the 300s and 200s as well!  You're doing great with your eating.  I would suggest tracking on myfitnesspal.com if you're not already.  We have a great group going over there.  You can friend me there -- same name.

Start the exercise slowly, but be persistent and consistent.  You will be amazed at how much progress you can make before surgery, and how quickly you will be able to start again after surgery.  I think exercising regularly was one of the best things I did before surgery.

I started with water aerobics at first, but if I was starting now, I would walk and do light weights -- maybe exercise bands, to increase muscle strength.  You'll want to do some sort of strength training to maintain the muscle mass that you have as you lose weight. 

I buy myself non-food things that I wouldn't normally buy for myself as a reward.  I have been on an upscale makeup kick lately, and am addicted to Urban Decay right now.

You're off to a great start!  Time will pass more quickly than you can imagine and surgery will be here before you know it.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
amberkokette
on 12/29/11 1:24 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 Thanks so much for taking the time to read my long post and for all the advise. I think you have a lot a great ideas.. I am so excited to be a thinner healthier me that I don't care what it takes at this point. I just need to get myself in a routine.. I seem to work better that way. I have not been tracking online but maybe will do that. I wrote everything I ate down for the first month which helped me stay on track but this month I have not. I will get back to that though because it seems to help me. Thanks again.. 

theshrinkingmimi
on 12/29/11 12:54 am
What a great way to start the new year!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
amberkokette
on 12/29/11 1:17 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 I know right.. I am so excited.. I am rewarding myself with getting my facial that was given to me as a Christmas gift!

Deborah F.
on 12/29/11 2:11 am - MI
I was asked to lose 20 lbs by my Physician before surgery and did that in 6 weeks. The weight loss so far has change my life so much and is only getting better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 151 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 425 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views