Four days post op

Charity Maughmer
on 12/30/11 5:58 am - Memphis, TN

Today is the four day and I feel a little tired.  On day  two I was running around the hospital as if nothing was wrong.  The doctor still has me on clear liquids, b/c I had a leakage scare.  But it was calcium deposits from previous surgeries.  I'm going pretty good except for the belching when I eat.  I'm taking my time and taking sips of my broth, but I belch between sips, and sometimes it is uncomfortable when I take a sip of water.  Is this normal or am I just being paranoid?

Bambi901        
Otterwench
on 12/30/11 6:05 am - Camano Island, WA
 All sounds pretty normal to me!  You'll be belching and uncomfortable for awhile during the initial healing process, but once things start to settle down a bit, you'll be fine.  Warm water is best for healing according to my doc.  Hang in there!  You're at about the toughtest part of the process and it all gets easier and better from here on out!

~Sandi

HW:  275   Initial Weight:  264  SW: 245  CW: 138  GW:  140
Pre-op:  -19  Mo 1:  -21  Mo 2:  -8  Mo 3:  -11  Mo 4: -7 so  Mo 5: -8  Mo 6:  -10   Mo 7:  -9  Mo 8:  -8   Mo 9:  -7  Mo 10: -10  Mo 11: -2  Mo 12: -6 so far

Charity Maughmer
on 12/30/11 6:10 am - Memphis, TN
Thank you! I didn't know if I was eating too much!  My husband makes fun of me because I put my meals in a 4 dipping sauce containers just like they did in the hospital, because I was afraid that I would over do it.  Thanks again, and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Bambi901        
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 6:06 am - Canajoharie, NY
I am about 7 weeks out and I still belch when I eat or drink.. I usually do it when I am getting to my full mark.. which is only about 3-4 bites.. I can drink a lot more now.. I thought at first how in the world will I ever drink 64oz of fluid in this little stomach.. but it did take me 3 visits to the ER with fluids from dehydration and 4 weeks later I was able to drink and eat what I was suppose to.. I was stalled with my weight loss for about 1 1/2 weeks.. then I started eating and drinking like i was suppose to and the weight just fell off.. I love my sleeve.. but honestly the belching. i don't know when that stops.. everyone is different
Charity Maughmer
on 12/30/11 6:11 am - Memphis, TN

I'm glad you feeling better!  Thanks for the advise.  Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Bambi901        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 113 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 337 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 386 views