Welcoming 2012 with open arms!

KSqtpie
on 1/1/12 1:18 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I am so grateful I stumbled across this VSG board 8 months ago. I had it in mind to get lapband and was 150% against any surgery that "tore my guts out"...boy, was I an uneducated mess! Thank you all for the insight, education, support, and inspiration!! I would certainly still be in denial and living my life as a slave to food if it hadn't been for everyonce sharing their experiences and being so supportive.  

This year I am resolving to embrace and commit to every new adventure this surgery is bound to bring! 1 more month until I submit to my insurance for approval, then it's on to the journey of a lifetime!! This is the first year my resolution hasn't been "I will lose 100 lbs" or "I will fit into a size 12". Instead my resolution is to be a VSG success story in 2012, learn to love life again, be honest with myself and to face the demons that got me here in the first place.

I am excited....this year is the year I transform my life!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/1/12 1:41 am - NY
May this year be a good year for you with wonderful success and happiness on your path!!
 ~~Emily~~

KSqtpie
on 1/1/12 1:45 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks! I just read your post...sounds like you had a fun night :) You have a great attitude and I know you'll get back on track. We're human...I like that you're not beating yourself up. Good thing I had to work last night past midnight, or I would have been stuffing my face too...haha :) Happy New Year!
2muchgirl4u ~
on 1/1/12 6:48 am
2muchgirl4u ~
on 1/1/12 6:49 am
You go, Girl! When I went to my nutrition class in October, it was kind of funny, because there were several people that were hoping their surgery wasn't scheduled until after all of the "eating" holidays. Right then and there, I decided my first resolution for 2012, would be to go into the New Year ahead of the game
KSqtpie
on 1/1/12 7:43 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Hi there! Thanks for the encouragement and support. Nice to see another patient of Dr. Hoehn. How has your experience been? Your profile says lapband...but did you revise to the sleeve recently or thinking about it? It would be great to keep in touch. Happy New year!
2muchgirl4u ~
on 1/1/12 8:46 am
I was banded in March of 2005. Problems from the get go. It finally eroded, and was removed in 2008. I was told that UHC would not consider another WLS for 5 years, so I waited it out, and started over. I was sleeved 11/30/11 I'm trying to convert my profile over to the new format. I left my lap band info on there, because I still feel it was part of my journey. I haven't figured out how to get the revision to show up.
I was very impressed with the staff at the Prairie Star facility!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views