questions questions questions

Ashley H.
on 1/2/12 6:12 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Ok here is the deal I live 4 hours from my doctor so he has me going to me PCP here in my town for my weigh ins.  That's great on saving me gas and hotel fees but I am worried I am not getting all the NUT information I need.  My last appointment before surgery will be 2/11/12.  I plan to have THAT one at the doctors office.  I was just panicking as I always do, and thinking is there anything I am missing?  I am going to starting have a shake for breakfast (protein) and I am really cutting back on what I eat and drinking more water.  I am also trying to do Zumba and walk on my treadmill.  Anything I am missing?  I just feel so unprepared....and I am a avid planner, i mean you are talking to a stage one OCD person.   I have all kinds of list but this is freaking me out because i feel i am missing something.  Any advise would help, like how long will I be in hospital estimated and stuff like that and what should I bring.ahhhhh see what I mean.....HELP

Jamie_45
on 1/2/12 6:24 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Oh boy I hear you.... but I was more concerned that I would have the "right" things on hand when I get home.  I also have to travel for surgery, but at least he has given me very detailed eating plan out to 2 years.  This forum is the BEST for gaining information.  I never knew about Unjury protein, Isopure, Nectar and Jay Robb as alternative sources of protein.  I am constantly taking notes from this site and writing down recipes for future use.  This forum contains a whole library of information for us and I've become addicted to reading every post!  Good luck, you'll do well.

Jenny C.
on 1/2/12 6:28 am
Huge deep breath!!!  {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Your stage 1 OCD will carry the day!  You have tons of info rolling around in there, and when the time comes you will find the path that works for you.  That's what happened for me, anyway, and I hope it happens for you, too.  

What I did:
Bought lots of recommended foods for the early stages
Had a few different protein supplements on hand
Bought a hand blender
Studied my nutrition recommendations/sample menus & timing so I had a good feel for it

What I brought (surgery was outpatient, spent night in a hotel so I could go back for IV fluids in the morning):
Drinks
Pain meds (had Rx from doc beforehand)
Lip balm
Robe/slippers

I know what you mean about feeling unprepared, but really, I think the only thing missing is the surgery and how you feel after: once those are present you will know what to do!!!!

Best of luck!  Wishing you a super smooth procedure & recovery and tremendous success.
Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 6:35 am
Not sure what your goal is for pre op diet. Will you be on a 2 week, 1 week, or just a 24 hour liquid diet? Do you have to lose weight prior to surgery? If so, this is what I did and it worked great for me and it was really easy:

Daily Goals were - 100 grams protein, 1000-1200 calories, 64 oz water.

That 's all I counted was protein and calories. I lost 20+ pounds in 7 weeks doing that, but I counted and tracked everything. I did use a shake every morning to reach my protein goal and it gave me an opportunity to try different shakes for post op. Hope that helps answer the first part of your post.

Ashley H.
on 1/2/12 6:44 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thanks everyone, my insurance does not require me to lose any weight before hand.  I only have to do a four week weight in. As far as pre-op I have to do a two week liquid diet. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views