10 days til VSG! Happy New Year

Lace H.
on 1/1/12 3:09 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
Hello everyone,
I'm 10 days from surgery and I've been on a special THRIVE diet for 4 days.  It's a low calorie low carb, low sugar diet that Kaiser suggests pre op 14 days prior to surgery.  The first day was difficult but I'm sure this beats a full liquid diet.  At least I get to still chew daily.

I'm EXCITED and a lil nervous.  From what I understand, I'll be in the hospital for two days and the day after surgery i have to take all these "tests" and drink some hideous liquid and do an xray.  I also heard I have to give myself blood thinner shots daily for two weeks. UGH!  I'm afraid of needles.  There's possibility of nausea and vomiting - hate both.

I heard the pain is bearable providing you take your pain meds.  Which I will do everyday!  I heard walking helps with gas, but they also can give you meds for that. 

There are 4 diff kinds of pills I'm supposed to take...chewable multivitamin, B12 subligual, B1 and Calcium.  after taking all those, how can I keep down any liquids?

With all that said, I'm still VERY excited.  Someone told me to get a elevated toilet seat - helps after surgery and a pill crusher to crush my pills and add to my food.

Thanks for the tips from others on the website about protein powder that I can add to food.  Thats exciting to know. 

Any other tips are much appreciated.

Aloha!
Lace
smbergie200
on 1/1/12 10:42 pm - Naples, FL
Wow - looks like you have been doing your research to prepare for this life changing surgery. The chewable vitamins don't really take up much space and don't need to be taken with water so you will be fine. Maybe have them a little bit after you eat. What a great time to start your new life. While others will be making their new years resolutions to lose weight and go to gym, you will actually be accomplishing that goal. Congratulations and may you have a speedy recovery.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views