What if I don't like how I look??

KSqtpie
on 1/6/12 3:03 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12

Shrinkles!!....hahahaha. That's the first time I have every heard that word. I am totally stealing that!

I love your attitude and can't wait to have SHRINKLES of my own :) You're right, it can't be any worse than how I look now!

vacationlover
on 1/7/12 2:43 am
Maureen K.
on 1/5/12 9:19 pm
 Are you kidding with that gorgeous face and smile trust me you are going to live the way you look and shopping for ******y cute clothes will be your new addiction it is totally normal to have fears hang o. Tight cuz it is going to be the ride of your life best wishes to you .remember you are already beautiful 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

KSqtpie
on 1/6/12 3:05 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Aw, thank you. What a sweet thing to say. I can't believe how amazing YOU look! A bikini?? Wow...not even in my skinny fantasies have I ever thought about wearing a bikini :) CONGRATS!

Maureen K.
on 1/6/12 4:54 am
 Lol you are too kind I too never believed I would wear one in fact was never even a thought in fact after. My tummy tck my surgeon said now I want to see you in a bikini and I laughed and said never I'm too. Old for that and yet there I am in a bikini lol feels awesome and I know you will too best wushes

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

CCinIndiana
on 1/6/12 12:41 am - IN
Hi,

I've lost about 75 lbs and some days I look in the mirror and I think I look much older (I am 51 lol) my neck looks soft to me and the girls....well they are better friends with my knees then my chest : (      But most days I look in the mirror and am so excited.  I started wearing 14s from 24-26s.  Last time I wore a 14 I was a freshman in high school.  I am loving clothes shopping!!  There are so many more options in regular sizes!!  I am still trying to figure out "my look".  My 30 year old daughter is my fashion guru lol. 

I don't think your fears are insane.  Part of our weight (at least for me) was a buffer or a shield of sorts, that doesn't exist now to the same degree so there is an element of fear and anxiety.  I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and trusting the process and myself. 

I wouldn't go back for anything in the world and I think you'll be happy on the other side too : )
KSqtpie
on 1/6/12 3:11 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I totally agree...I have used weight as a shield, as an excuse, as a thing that defines me. And now that I won't have weight as a crutch, I will have to find how to interact with myself and the world in my new body. It's pretty scary, but exciting at the same time. Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on your success!!
felicity2u
on 1/6/12 1:05 am - LA
You are and will always be beautiful.  You will have so much more confindence in yourself and feel so much better, it's going to be hard not to love what you will become.  The butterfly will finally emerge from her cocoon. 

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

KSqtpie
on 1/6/12 3:14 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Aw, thank you! I have followed your journey and have to say that you are an inspiration. I see how happy and vibrant everyone looks months down the road and I wish I could fast forward life so I can get there. :)
mythreechildren2001
on 1/7/12 3:30 am
Being happy about the way I look in clothes and the way I look naked are two totally different things.  I have got to find a way to pay for plastics for my arms, apron belly, breasts, and neck.  It's depressing BUT I look awfully good in clothes, and I get lots of sincere compliments every day.  I try to focus on that not the naked reality.  :/  Either way, I wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything!!  It's awesome!

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views