just wanted a reaction about this !!!!!!!

ruggie
on 1/5/12 5:38 am - Sacramento, CA
 Sorry to hear about your troubles. To echo what others have said:

- you don't have to disclose details to your boss and it's not his place to determine whether a surgical procedure is elective or not. You may need to discuss with HR. 

- taking off 6-8 weeks per surgery sounds really extreme to me, especially for VSG. I, and a lot of people, only needed two weeks, if that. From other people that had banding erosion that I've seen on the forum, they needed 1-2 weeks (might want to ask in the failed band forum?)

Good luck!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

karenbarb
on 1/5/12 7:25 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
lol.....u guys r great, thanks for the replies...to answer the fmla questions.....i have been at the company for 8 and a half years, and in my particular school, i have been there the longest !!! even longer than the damn bosses..who have been replaced a few times....i work full time which is 40 hrs a week, and i get 4 weeks vaca every year...the funny thing is that, i went through hell to get a new ins. to cover all wls...i wrote a 7 page letter to the owner of the company with before and after pics, so he was the one who helped me get this far...i wonder how he would feel if he heard that one of his directors was giving me a hard time about something that i fought so hard for.....i did talk to my ins. guy and he is going to write me a letter for my job, lmao and basically said that my boss is a b****, and that if i needed him and my dr. to call her themselves they would......GO NJ BARIATRIC CENTER !!!!!

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

happyteacher
on 1/5/12 8:30 am
 OK, don't even get me started.  My first question is if you have a union?  Your boss cannot deny the time off for medical time, and if it means going to the union rep then do it.    I can't believe he/she even said that.  Now if you work in a charter school that could be a hot mess, as at least around these parts the teachers get fired all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with their effectiveness.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views