Heavy lifting after surgery?

jspurple
on 1/8/12 6:46 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
I am in the process of doing my pre approval appointments and I was wondering if anyone knew how long you were not able to lift. I have twins who are 28 pounds each and I would need to get them down the stairs in the mornings. I do the drop offset in the morning and hubby picks up.
Mike B.
on 1/8/12 6:55 am
My doctor told me "No lifting more than 15lbs for 8 weeks".

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

jovi_34
on 1/8/12 6:55 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hi!!

I know mine was 6 weeks post op & my son was 20 months. It was hard for me. I overdid it with him on week 3 & had pain for a week an half. My Dr. told me I overdid it to take it easy. I was in bed with a hotpad. Even if you feel great please try not to carry too heavy. Can you all stay downstairs for a while? Or try to work something with hubby? I had my parents stay with me & hubby was off for the first two weeks then I was on my own. By that time I had shown my son how to go down the stairs sitting with me by his side. Good luck!!
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

VeronicaJ5
on 1/8/12 6:56 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
6 weeks nothing more than 10-15 pounds the biggest thing I lift since I've been home with out pain is my 17 pound dog, I've helped with groceries I know were way too hefty (not normally) and had to take pain meds right after
jerseygirl1512
on 1/8/12 7:01 am - NC
YES MINE WAS NO MORE THAN 10LBS. FOR 6 WEEKS.
Ms Shell
on 1/8/12 8:14 am - Hawthorne, CA
Just to tell you more about the why.  Your stomach wall has been penetrated (with the cutting) and any lifting CAN lead to a hernia...it might not bother you initially but it can be VERY bad years from now.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

3DogNight _
on 1/8/12 9:01 am - Clarkston, GA
 Ditto yo what Ms. Shell said. I haven't been able to lift more than 20 pounds for a month, so far. 
3DogNight

doggz109
on 1/8/12 7:00 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
You will need some help then.  Most surgeons say nothing over 10 lbs for around six weeks.  Sorry to tell you bad news.  You do NOT want a hernia.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views