5 days post sleeve, hematoma remains

Teresa H.
on 1/8/12 11:26 am
VSG on 01/03/12
I'm worried, in the hospital I noted bruising, firmness, and pain aroung pucture sight post sleeve. Nurse said oh that's normal. However, I don't have it around any other puncture sites and it is firm, about a 3 inch diameter, and still causes discomfort. The steri strip fell off and it had more dried blood on it than any of the others that came off. So I assume it is a hematoma. Percocet is no help, no nsaids, will call doctor first thing tomorrow. Does anyone thin**** would help? Or has any one experienced this?

newme2011-2012
on 1/8/12 11:33 am
I had brusing around the insicion on my left side. No swelling .
I still have a faint mark from the bruise.
I had a differnt lap surgery before and they used clamps to hold up the stomach.
Hope it feels better soon.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

2hip
on 1/8/12 11:36 am
VSG on 11/22/11 with
That one site was like that for me for weeks and felt like a huge hard egg. I was told to keep massaging it and trying to push the liquid out through the incision. Mine soaked through tripled up gauze every day the first 2 weeks. Keep clean, use polysporin, wash with soap twice a day. My incision kept weeping though, and at my 2 week post op my doctor said to hold a hot wet compress on it 4 times a day for 15 mins each. That fixed it up very quickly. Good luck!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
Pre-op Month: -26lbs  Month 1: -14lbs  Month 2: -9lbs  Month 3: -8lbs
Assilem7779
on 1/8/12 11:36 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 I was sleeved on Tuesday and I had the single incision...but if your real worried call your dr.s office and talk to their 24 hour nurse..good luck hope you feel better soon

HW-257 PRE-OP-246 CW-223 GOAL-140                 
JAN-26lbs FEB-      MAR-     APR-     MAY-     JUN-     JULY-     AUG-     SEPT-     OCT-     NOV-     DEC-            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views